Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Review: With Every Letter

I tried this book simply because it looked pretty good and it was free on Kindle. And I was not even slightly disappointed.

With Every Letter by Sarah Sundin tells the story of Lt. Mellie Blake who, while looking forward to beginning her training as a flight nurse, is not looking forward to writing a letter to a man she's never met.

However, what follows is far from a "typical" letter writing campaign. It is instead a story of real life, real friendships, real disappointments, and what it truly feels like to not belong. So many times we are presented with characters we feel inadequate next to. This book presents characters that leave us feeling like we are not alone in our insecurities.

As always, I have high requirements for Christian fiction. I want it to be as good as secular writing. And this book was. In addition, the truth of Christ is presented in a very real way -- not in a corny or non-believable way.

Since this book is free on Kindle, you can't lose! Give it a try!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of Sarah Sundin's Books are great! I have read all of them.

Sarah Sundin said...

Thank you for the wonderful review, Wendi! I'm so glad you enjoyed Tom & Mellie's story!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Oh Sarah! It was outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!! So honored you are commenting on my blog!