Thursday, August 06, 2009

Home from Colorado; Prepping for Company

It's been a busy few days around here. Unpacking is quite an adventure with two kiddos in the house. Isaac just follows me around, leaving a trail behind him. In addition, JB's brother Ray, his wife Gabbi, and their kids are coming into town tonight. So I've had a lot to do. It's good they are coming though as it has caused me to unpack instead of stall on the process. It'll be wonderful to see them. The last time Grace & Nate were here, Isaac was very under-the-weather and not interested in playing with them. This time I think it will be a whole new ball game.

In addition, I have been fighting a nasty headache since our return from Colorado. JB is pretty sure it's hormonally based which is not unusual for me, but this is one of the worst I have ever had. We had to resort to a couple of really potent migraine medications which I can only take when JB is home because they so completely knock me on my rear end. Hopefully this week will bring an end to the pounding.

On Monday I had an appointment in the morning. On Tuesday, we had Elijah's physical therapy appointment. To my great delight Ms. Jenny said that we'd discuss next week dropping to once-a-month appointments. Hurrah! She said Elijah is doing fabulously. I'm so excited about this.

On Wednesday, wifia lunch was cancelled due to an abundance of people out-of-town and sick. I opted instead for a play date with my friend Kristen who lives behind us. Her daughter Addison is nearly exactly Isaac's age. They had a great time playing with all the new toys at Addison's house. I need to take a picture of the two of them. Addison is quite a cutie!

Today, JB is going to take at least one boy with him to do some shopping when he gets off of workso I can get some stuff done around the house before the late evening arrival of our family. He said he may also go for a run with all three boys.

Speaking of runs, I tried that yesterday. I went at 9:30 when my head seems to hurt the least, but it was so hot Elijah lost it midway through the run and begged me to take him home. I took a short-cut as after my trip to Colorado (which was runless due to the elevation), I wasn't doing so good myself.

Lots of pictures will follow I am sure as the cousins get to hang out during a long weekend!

No comments: