Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Getting bigger

Well folks, yesterday, we took "Bob" out for a run like usual. But unlike usually, Elijah sat in the stroller instead of in his carseat in his stroller. He seemed to really enjoy being able to look around. He didn't make a peep the entire ride and seemed enthralled by everything there was to look at. Mom made it 2.75 miles. Not bad for her long break while in Snowmass. Even Scrubs joined in despite his Benadryl-induced coma.

Here's a photo after our run. Isaac is saying: "Mom, we have parked. That means you are supposed to get me out ... not take no stinkin' picture!" Elijah is saying: "Holy cow! That was one of the coolest things I have ever done. Is this what I've been missing for six months while I've been riding backwards in that dumb carseat?"


JB wandered home around 8pm last night. I managed to keep both boys awake so they could see Daddy for a few minutes. Isaac was so tired he was spastic. I'd never seen him bop around so much. He didn't sit still for a second. Both JB and I wondered if this is what our lives would be like if we had a hyper Isaac instead of a calm one. I guess so! Daddy then let me go to bed around 9pm and gave Elijah his last bottle. What a blessing. I really needed the sleep.

Today, the wifia is meeting for lunch at McDonalds. It will be nice to catch up with everyone as we have all been running in different directions during the summer months. This is also JB's last 7:30 night for the week. Thursday and Friday should be slightly earlier, and he has the whole weekend off!

Well Elijah is ready to go down for his morning nap and Isaac is just waking up. Gotta run!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love this picture of your boys - I especially loved your captions! I feel privileged to get to watch your boys grow, thanks to your faithful blogging. You're an inspiration!
-Emily from HP

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

This picture and caption is great!!!

They boys are getting SO big! :)