Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cabin Fever

So we've been in the house now since Sunday. Both boys are still running low-grade fevers and are incredibly congested with coughs and runny noses. In addition, yesterday, their Mom (aka "me") started feeling pretty cruddy as well. The only activity we had been doing outside the house was my daily run, but obviously, since I am now a bit on the down-and-out, that isn't something we are doing either. So, we are all bonding at home. Cabin fever anyone?

This 'bout of illness just so happened to fall on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday -- JB's 13-hour days this week. He leaves before 7 and gets home around 8. That's a long time for a sick mom to take care of two sick boys.

I snagged this video of Isaac earlier today. I had to do it on the sly. If he sees me taking a video, he often stops what he is doing and just tries to get the camera. This video cracks me up for a number of reasons:

  • It illustrates Isaac's new hobby: spinning in circles. He started this yesterday. I think he likes the fact that he gets dizzy. But he doesn't understand the extent of his dizziness. Yesterday, he flew into the exersaucer and hit his head. I try to explain to him that spinning equals dizziness, but he just thinks it's the greatest thing ever.
  • It also shows Isaac with one shoe on. This later moved to two shoes and then no shoes and just socks. He randomly finds his socks or shoes and insists that he wear them.
  • It also pictures Isaac's random infatuation with the dog, Scrubs' patience, and his desire to be left alone.
  • And ... you can hear a bit of the crankiness evident in our household with Elijah in the background.

So there you have it! This is the cabin fever currently present in the Kit. home. I think you'll feel like you're stuck here with us if you watch it!

2 comments:

yuan family said...

He is so cute! I hope you all start feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaaw... I hear baby Elijah in the background. He sounds like he just doesn't feel to good.
Aunt Linda