Monday, August 31, 2009

Messes and baths

In our house, mess time is followed by bath time!


As you can see from the pictures above, the boys are now taking a bath together -- although Elijah still has to really be held onto as he'll tip over without any notice. I have come up with a good system to have the boys take a bath together when I am by myself.

I use the bumbo seat. I run the bath and put Isaac in the water while Elijah waits in his bumbo seat. I then derobe Elijah and put him in the water and wash him right away. After letting them play together for a few minutes, I take Elijah out and change him right on the bathroom floor (with a towel down of course) and then sit him in the bumbo seat while I go and wash Isaac. I then take Isaac out and bring him to his room to change him before returning to the bathroom to retrieve Elijah. It works pretty well and allows me to kill two birds with one stone.

Oh and if you can't tell from the pictures above, Isaac loves pasta. :)

3 comments:

Mom H said...

We'll have to try and find the picture we have of you after one of your spagetti meals! So cute Wen!! They are growing so fast.

Emily said...

Thanks for posting your bathtime routine! I'm trying to figure out how to do a tub bath by myself for my twins, and I've been stymied (I've just been doing individual sink baths so far). I think they might be too mobile for the bumbo, but perhaps I could bathe them successively like you do, while letting them play together for a few minutes in between. Your kids look so adorable in the tub together - I love how Elijah's looking at his big brother!

Anonymous said...

We have a bath seat that attaches on the side of the tub and allows the kids that are not quite stable to wiggle and play, but not fall right into the water head first! You still have to be there, but at least you can wash another child while one plays. We used this for a while with our 2 (18 mo apart) so they could play together and be safe. We left them in longer that necessary, to keep them confined. They wanted to stand up in the tub - which is NOT good! I think it was made by safety 1st. Maybe this will help someone....

Looks like fun, Wendi! ;-)

Roberta