Monday, August 24, 2009

I did it!


Last night, I ate an entire container of green beans. This is a major accomplishment. It has taken many weeks of practice to not push any food that enters my mouth out with my tounge. I started with just a few bites and last week I made it to a half of a container. But then last night?! Success! I finished green beans (my big brother's nemesis) all by myself. Okay, so more than half of them got on my face and the tray and my bib. But I finished the container nonetheless. Success! Daddy and Mommy were so proud.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great accomplishment!! Especially all the beans in his nose..... Now, just wait 'til he can shove the "real" bean in his nose. (just a suggestion, Elijah!!)
Joan

Anonymous said...

I do NOT want to see tomorrow's diaper!
LOL!
Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

Just fyi - pushing things out of the mouth with the tongue is a reflex that babies have from birth, because they are designed to consume only breastmilk until at least 6 months. In fact some mothers don't introduce foods until their children are closer to one year old. So don't rush the foods! Breastmilk/formula are still all he needs, and the fact that he still has that reflex may be a sign that he's not quite ready for food, or lots of food.