Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Elijah good; Scrubby not-so-good

Elijah went to his last weekly therapy appointment. Ms. Jenny said he looks fantastic! We'll see her again in a month just to make sure he is continuing to reach all of his milestones correctly.

Scrubby is still broken out in hives. We've taken out stock in Benadryl. Yesterday I think we gave him a bit too much as he was not acting himself at all. So we've cut back today. We are going to give it 1 or 2 more days and then we'll probably take him into the vet. We just don't know what could be bothering him. At least his face isn't swollen. Poor pup.

I'd like to go for a run today but it is 101 right now. So we'll see if later this evening things look better. JB not getting off until 7:30pm is quite a bummer. I managed to keep the boys up to see him but just for a few minutes. What a long day for him. This afternoon we stopped by to see him after Elijah's therapy appointment so they could all see each other while everyone was awake.

Had something happen to me in the parking lot outside the hospital today as we prepared to go in and see JB. Someone zipped in front of me to take my spot. This has never happened to me, even when I lived in Ft. Lauderdale. I had my turn signal on, was waiting, and this other guy shook his finger at me and zipped in. I was soooo angry. I really contemplated saying something but knew that later JB would tell me confronting a man in a parking lot is not wise. So I bit my tongue and found a new spot.

Not sure I have ever been that upset behind the wheel before. I can't believe a guy would do that a woman! How rude!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor poor Scrubby!!Have any prednisone handy??? Since I was on it off and on for 10 yrs (for hives) I have every known dosage on hand...it truely works for hives and also have used it on my cat and it was a miracle drug for sure!!Cat was on 1mg for a week for upper respiratory and cleared it right up...I can send some( 1s and 5s) if you want me to...Nancy

Anonymous said...

Our Dal Reggie was on prenisone for allergies at times, but it really increased his appetite.
Also, you can get topical sprays for hives and such from pet stores and the vet. We have some we've used on Reg along with allergy meds. This stuff is called Dermacool and you put it on their skin.
Austin got into some nettle Monday night, and this took care of the problem.
Poor Scrubby and poor you.