Friday, August 07, 2009

Family, Doc & Shots

Ray, Gabbi, and the kids arrived late last night. We've had a nice day hanging out around the house. I haven't taken any pictures yet, but I'll get around to it soon.

This afternoon, we had doctor's appointments with Dr. G. for both Isaac (15 month) and Elijah (6 month.) Isaac is weighing 24 pounds. Elijah is 22 pounds. Isaac is in the 60th percentile basically across the board. Elijah is in the 90th-100th percentile in nearly every category as well. Elijah's head is also two inches bigger than his big brother's. No surprise there. Elijah has a big head! Dr. G. took a good look at Isaac's legs and said that his bow legs were within the realm of normal and not something to worry about. She also said not to worry that Elijah's eating has not returned to normal post-Colorado. She said it is probably more related to growth spurts then it is anything else.

After the check-ups, I went and got both the boys their shots by myself. I was very proud of myself for this as I have only ever taken one boy at a time. Normally, they do not allow you to bring a stroller into the shot room which has always been a concern of mine. I decided to bring the stroller to the door and let them tell me how I should do it without the stroller. The guy working the desk took one look at both little boys and said, "No strollers." I nodded and asked him very kindly how he suggested I hold both boys at the same time. He stood there a minute and said, "I guess we'll make an exception." Yippee. If that wouldn't have worked, one of my friends was in the lobby, and she had offered to help me, but I told her I was really going to see if they'd let me take both boys in at the same time. And they did. Yay!

Isaac has had a fabulous time playing with his cousins, especially because cousin Nate brought some very cool cars for him to play with. Scrubby has been an excellent boy with all the new company as well. Right now JB is home from work making some meat to grill out with. It should be a nice weekend with the fam in town.

Quit nagging! I'll post some pictures soon!

No comments: