Tuesday, July 15, 2008

SAVED! (by the husband)

I know some of you will disagree with me, and that's probably good. You shouldn't think that my husband is the best husband in the world. Unless you don't have a husband. Then you can. But I should think my husband is the best husband in the whole wide world. And I do.

Today, JB got home from work around 5:00pm and went for a run with the dog. At 6:30pm, it was my time to go for a walk with Scrubs (who wasn't too keen on the idea of going out again.)

Midway through our walk, the skies opened up and it started pouring. Scrubs and I hung out under a vacant carport and then, when it eased up, ventured out again despite a steady drizzle.

Then, out of nowhere, comes our little grey Saturn. JB, who was in the middle of cooking dinner, got Isaac into the car and drove to find me on my walk. How awesome if that?! What a guy! Scrubs looked even more relieved than me and jumped in without a second thought.

Just one quick reason I love my husband so much!

In other news . . .
  • Have any of you heard of this site: missingmoney.com? A friend from Mayo sent me this link and said I had free money listed. I do! It's from Lenscrafters, who I once did a mystery shop for. But in order to claim my money I need to send in proof of ID. My research online indicates the site is legit. I heard it was on Dateline. Anyone else hear of this?
  • I got an email today from one of my favorite athletes back at Franklin Simpson High School in Kentucky -- Brittney P. Brittney was the setter for our volleyball team and a great basketball player as well. I just loved that kid. Well, she just got married and took my old job as the volleyball coach. She's also student teaching. Seriously. I'm old. Really old. She's coaching now. And she's married. Wow.
  • I think we are going to look at Honda Pilot tomorrow. We've narrowed our choices down to the Odyssey or Pilot (we think). We are looking at 2003 or 2004 models. I'll keep you posted. I really don't want a mini-van but am concerned about my ability to get three little kids easily in and out of a SUV.
  • Thursday evening we are going to take our first date night without the babe in tow. There is a pharmaceutical dinner, and Joia is going to babysit while we go out for a night on the town! We had always planned to make a date a lot sooner, but with JB's schedule, this is truly the first chance we have had. I can't wait!

6 comments:

Lisa Cronk said...

I know you have hesitations about getting a minivan, but I just wanted to let you know that we got an Odyssey and we are very very happy with it! It is a great car and it is sooooooooo much easier to get Austin in and out of the car and his carseat now that we have a car with sliding doors! Now that you'll be getting multiple little kids out of the car, I think if you get an Odyssey you'll be very glad you did. I know I'm a dork, but I love my minivan now!
: ) Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hey Wen: I did see part of that thing on Dateline the other night about the $. I didn't see it from the beginning so didn't catch all the details but some were getting pretty hefty amounts. We'll have to check it out.
Ya, I guess JB is ok-not sure he's the best tho!
Glad you get a date night. Joia is awesome! CU soom. Mom

Tara said...

We had a Honda Pilot (it was an 04 or 05) and only got rid of it because we inherited my dad's car when he died. We didn't need the extra payment for the Honda. But I really miss it!! Just loved it.

And yay for missing money! I think it's legit..we were watching the Dateline show and my husband was looking to see if we could claim anything.

Sam said...

Yeah, about a year ago my dream car became the Odyssey. Doors that open at the push of the button? That's two whole arms and legs to use chasing my little man around the parking lot instead of one!! Have a great date night!!

Anonymous said...

I would have picked you up before the rain started. . . . with ice cream.

Hans

Anonymous said...

Wen -
You're not OLD (if you are, I have no hope!). You were just a really YOUNG teacher!!

XOXOXO

Nicole