Monday, July 14, 2008

Isaac's Journal -- shot day!

This is Isaac. I'm here to report that I have survived my two month shots. I laid willingly on the table while Mommy held my arms and talked to me. Daddy was in the room, but I think he busied himself with something else so he didn't have to watch. Isn't he the doctor!? Anyways, I cried really hard for about 30 seconds, and I think my face turned really red. But then Mommy gave me my bottle, which she had been holding out on me, and all was well with the world.

Here I am with my band aids after getting my shots. I got three shots and some other liquid in my mouth which actually didn't taste bad at all. Pretty cool looney tune band aids, huh?!


Oh and here's a close-up of the shirt I wore today. (Sorry for the burp-up on it. I can't help it. I'm a baby.) I think my Aunt Gabbi and Uncle Ray gave me this shirt? Is that right? Mommy wasn't positive when I asked her. (You can also see my big-o-belly in this photo as well, so please ignore that too.)


Anyways, after I ate my late lunch, we hung out with Daddy in the residency room while he finished some notes. Then, Mommy and Daddy ran some errands while I snoozed in my car seat.

The other thing we did tonight was visit with Jon K. again. Not John K. (my Daddy) but another Jon K. without an "h" in his name. He was doing our final post-placement home study visit. I was on my best behavior despite recovering from a pretty exhausting day. This is the last visit and this puts us one step closer to having my adoption finalized. It looks like I will be meeting the judge sometime in late August to get my picture taken and get the final papers that make us a forever family! Of course, we already know we are a forever family, but at this meeting in Ft. Lauderdale, the judge will tell us it's true!

Right now, Daddy is giving me my bath. Boy do I need it! I'm stinky! But before I sign out, I wanted to tell you a few other things.

One thing is that last night I slept through the night again and then slept all the way until 8:00 in the morning! That was a record for me.

The other thing I should tell you is that today, Mommy used a non-disposable diaper on me. It was the first time she tried it. She waited until after I had a messy diaper to try it out, and I had a wet diaper that didn't get on my clothes or anything. Mommy told me how impressed she was -- both with me and with the diaper itself. She's not sure she'll use them a lot, but she says she's going to try it once or twice a day to save money and save our planet.

Another thing: Mommy put a quiz up at the top of the screen so you could guess the details of our new little sibling. This quiz can only be taken until Daddy and Mommy reveal whether I am having a brother or a sister so you better your guesses in soon. Thank you to those of you who have guessed the baby won't be too big. Mommy appreciates that! Mommy also wanted to tell everyone that she has been feeling a bit better the last few days and been a little less tired. Yay!

Okay, I'm pretty tired from those shots and Tylenol. I need to rest up to get ready to see my grampa and grampa coach this weekend! Night night everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O I cannot wait to squeeze those little thighs. I love babies and there little chubby parts. Don't you just hate those shots? It probably hurts you more than him!
See you soon. Mom H

Anonymous said...

Wendi!! I just caught up on your blog and my pics are super dorky but SO funny! The last one really shows my surprise and elation. I am so glad little Isaac did well after his shots!

Andrea ;)