Thursday, July 24, 2008

JB heads to Colorado

Well, today is the day our JB heads to Colorado for an entire week and leaves wife, son, and dog behind. :(

I don't know if I have brought up residency "specialities" on my blog before, but every resident has one. JB is super excited about his specialty: wilderness medicine. Honestly, this specialty was made for him. His classmate, Erik, (Andrea's husband) is also specializing in wilderness medicine.

He'll be attending a conference this week in Snowmass, Colorado. Then in October, Isaac and I will join him for a conference in Utah. He had a month long conference planned in Tennessee in February. It was one of the first things he said would have to be "edited" when we learned of the baby due at the end of January. He'll have to schedule some other conferences to make up for that one.

Now that the trip is here, I do somewhat wish we had decided that Isaac and I would go with him. We are going to miss him soooo much. But the thought of going to Colorado with a two month old and being in a hotel for an entire week while JB did conference events did not sound extremely appealing. It would also mean more money and there have been a lot of extra costs in our life right now (i.e., mini van). Andrea and Johnathon went with Erik, but they have family in the area so that's a bit different.

The one good thing I have to look forward to about this week is that Joan and Bri are coming in on Monday! I cannot wait to see them both. This will make the week without JB so much more manageable. Instead of being here a week by myself, I just have half a week and then they will be here until JB gets back a week from today.

So wish me luck. It's my first extended period of being a Mom without having my husband here!

2 comments:

Amy T. S. said...

What's wilderness medicine? I can't figure out what I think it is. I'd like to know!

Anonymous said...

Have fun with Joan and Bri. I hope you guys have the best time ever.

Teri