Saturday, July 05, 2008

Finally some good pictures

We haven't had much luck getting good pictures of Isaac. He has such a fun personality, but I just can't get it to show up on film. Today we really got some good photos. I always said I wouldn't put a load of pictures of my baby and would instead just pick a few of the best, but there were so many I liked. So, here they are:






In other news, not baby-related, we've had a wonderful time with Keith and AD. I don't have any pictures from our trip to Baytowne Wharf on Thursday night because I (gasp!) forgot my camera. But so did AD so it isn't just my fault.

Friday we hung out at Brandon and Brittney's. Brandon is a new intern on base and lives across the street from us. I had to show up late due to a migraine that ingrained itself on my brain! Later that evening, Keith and AD volunteered to watch Isaac and Scrubs so JB and I could go watch some fireworks on the bay! What a nice hour away from the "kiddos" we had.

Today JB and Keith went and saw a movie while AD, Isaac, and I had lunch and did some window shopping. We also stopped at the "lemon lot" on base to take a look at some of the vehicles. We've decided we'll probably end up with a mini-van, but we are going to try to find one we can afford without going into debt. We need a vehicle with three rows and good air conditioning. Those are our two biggest needs. Right now, JB is cooking dinner -- Mediterranean. I am hoping I can eat it.

It's been so great having Keith and AD here with us for the holiday. They are really cool people and a great Uncle and Aunt for Isaac and Scrubs! (Scrubs loves Keith and Isaac loves Auntie AD so it works out perfectly.)

I can't beileve JB is off tomorrow too -- three days in a row! I can't remember if that has ever happened before! It's awesome!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, wow how he is changing!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, he's so cute! And so BIG! He'll be walking by the time I see him!
Kisses from Nicole (and Bay).

Anonymous said...

Awwww Wen....priceless.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures, Wendi! What a sweetheart!

You are forgiven for not having pictures from B.W. I guess... =)

Glad you guys are having such a good visit... bummer you haven't been feeling too great though. =0/ Hang in there!

Gabbs said...

Oh....my little Isaac is so big and SOOO cute. His smiles are just precious!!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

I think all the pics you share are great but you are right THESE really show different expressions!
I LOVE the one of him sleeping with the sweet sigh/smile!!! So precious! :)
WHat a blessing. Isn't God kind to give us babies?

Jen said...

Awwwwe such cute pictures!

Anonymous said...

the pictures are awesome, Wendi!!! I love all his different expressions! So cute!
Cheryl

Edward Charles said...

I love that last pic of him making the face while he sleeps! Isn't being a parent the best thing in the whole world? You will know twice over before long :)
I am still bubbling with excitement for you guys!

TAV said...

what do you mean "finally" some good pictures?! you're crazy! they're all amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
from your picture-crazy friend,

Anonymous said...

Super cute pictures! I can't believe how much he's changed since you were in MN.

A little tip on the queasy feeling you get when JB cooks - don't stay inside when he makes the food if you can help it. I couldn't stand the smell of meat cooking the entire 8 mo. but could eat it if I didn't smell it being made. I made ham one night and was ready to chuck it in the garbage until Pat came home and said it smelled good. I knew then that my sniffer wasn't working properly. Thank goodness that Boston Market was in Roch at the time. Most of my meals came from there (or anywhere else where I didn't have to smell it being made).

Glad you had a good weekend.

Bethany

AW said...

What adorable shots Wen! He really is a beautiful little boy.

Aimee said...

I swear, if I didn't know he was adopted, I would never guess! I totally can see JB in Isaac's face. Do you suppose hanging out with someone enough makes you look like them? I know my friends who adopted have the same thing, the boys both look like their Dad, yet not biologically related!
So nice to see him smiling, sleeping or awake, SO CUTE!
Hope you are feeling better, I had a migraine this AM myself, so can sympathize.
Have a great one!