Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Please don't tell me . . .

That my baby will be eight feet tall. It's rude!

If you wouldn't comment that a certain child will be short, fat, or ugly like their parents, then I think telling us our child will be a giant is also inappropriate.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I'm not even very pregnant yet and this comment is starting to get annoying!

And of course I am not writing this to people who actually read my blog. You all would know not to say it. I'm writing it to strangers who will never read it, and thus, this doesn't do much good does it?

Oh well. I feel better anyway.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! Man your baby is going to be UGGGLLLYYY! Can you imagine saying that to someone? I hadn't thought of it that way before. Thanks for pointing it out! I really enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for being so open and honest about your thoughts and feelings. It means that even though you're at a different phase in your life now, that there are people out there who really do understand. Your blog is also a wonderful reminder of God at work in people's lives. Thanks so much.
Rebekah W.
PS- Do you think I should try out the FAT line, or the SHORT line next time I meet someone who's pregnant? JK!

Anonymous said...

oh no! people say that?
but I do have to say, that as a painfully short person, if someone said my baby would be tall (even super tall) I would be so flattered. I would say - oh yes- my baby will be blessed with height and the ability to reach things :)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Okay, I see your point, but ... could you not say, "Your kid is going to be like 8 feet tall"? I mean could you say, "Your son or daughter will be so wonderfully blessed with height"? That's a bit nicer!? :)

Jen said...

LOL! DH and I used to get that a lot! (We're 6'4 and 6'2). Our Genetic Parents are really short. I actually get a sort of twisted pleasure out of the knowledge that more than likely, we will have very short children. ;) :D