Monday, July 24, 2006

Ten coldest temperatures

So I saw on weatherchannel.org that they had recorded the cities with the ten coldest temperatures. This is the average temperature of course. The average tempterature for the YEAR! Now what concerns me is that two of these have a MN next to them! And what concerns me secondarily is that three of them have a ND next to them which is only a hop-skip-and-a-jump from here. I know that these are still quite a distance from us, but the fact still remains that the AVERAGE temperature of a Minnesota city is 37.4!!! Why not just become a Canadian? (No offense Calvin and Karen).

I know it is only July, but do you know that July is the ONLY month without recorded snow in this history of Minnesota? Holy cow!

Sorry, I'm starting to get freaked out about winter approaching. It's like, what, only one month away? :)

1. Mt. Washington, NH (27.2°F)
2. International Falls, MN (37.4°F)
3. Marquette, MI (38.7°F)
4. Duluth, MN (39.1°F)
5. Caribou, ME (39.2°F)
6. Sault St. Marie, MI (40.1°F)
7. Grand Forks, ND (40.3°F)
8. Alamosa, CO (40.8°F)
9. Williston, ND (40.9°F)
10. Fargo, ND (41.5°F)

7 comments:

Ebby Ray said...

I would love for the temps to drop into the 60's-70's. I am tired of pitting out! :)

Anonymous said...

What about the 10 hottest temperatures?

Gabbs said...

Well, weather.com's top ten hottest cities list reads as follows (temps are avg high temps):
1) Death Valley, CA 90.2
2) Yuma, AZ 87.6
3) Ft Meyers, FL 84.6
4) Phoenix, AZ 84.5
5) MIAMI FL 84.2
6) Orlando, FL 83.2
7) West Palm Bch, FL 83.15
8) Key West, FL 82.9
9) Tucson, AZ 82.5
10)Vero Beach, FL 82.3

Ok, see here's the problem.....6 out of 10 of those are IN FLORIDA. Of those 6, 5 of those are within 3 hours of me. The only city outside of that is 3 hrs and 45 mins away (Key West). Also, 5 out of the top ten most humid are from guess which state....FLORIDA....and again all are within 4 hours of me. BLEH!

Hmmm...I noticed Rochester did not make the top ten humid cities. Guess those Minnesotans are wrong.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Gabs, who DID make the top ten humid cities.

Ebby ... I prohibit you from speaking again! LOL

Wendi

Ebby Ray said...

Sorry about that. I guess I have lost my southern manners I was taught as a child.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Oh Ebbs, I forgive you.

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»