Saturday, July 22, 2006

Game night with Hans & Rachel

Last night we went over to hang out with our friends Hans and Rachel. Hans is one of JB's classmates. His girlfriend, Rachel, is a Rochester-native who is currently in dental school in the Twin Cities. However, Rachel's parents live in Rochester and have a beautiful home by Century High School. We all got invited over for Mexican Dominoes (which, to Kelsey's great relief, does not include setting them up and pushing them over for "great fun"). Hans did a great job grilling out, Rachel did a great job on the cookies (who cares HOW you made them Rachel), and as always, we just had a fantastic time. I am excited to be friends with Hans and Rachel especially because there is a good chance that Hans will stay in Rochester for residency unlike a lot of our other friends (not saying any names here -- TARA and AJIT!).

Here are some photos from our fun filled evening.

Around the table starting with JB in the back, Ajit (to his right), Tara, Rachel, Hans, Kelsey, David, and (barely visible) Lesley

Here is Hans with Kelsey and Dave concentrating on his next move.


Here are Ajit and Tara pretending that they like each other. Not "like-like", just "like" ... anyways, yes Tara, I think I am still in middle school.


Here are Rachel "the dentist" and Hans "the anestheiologist"

If you are a loyal "Polar North" reader, you know who these two are. No more introductions for you Lesley!


Here's me with Kelsey. Kelsey and I were glad to see we were wearing a completely different wardrobe for this outing. Last night we went out with our friend Diana for dinner and to see "You, Me and Dupree" and only when we were climbing into the car did we realize we each had put on blue jeans, flip flops, and a blue-grey t-shirt. That's a little weird!


Tara and Rachel

Okay. Here is a picture of Kelsey. What you can see is that she is talking. What you can't see is that she is talking to JB. As much as Kelsey and I have in common, we found one thing that we do not have in common. Kelsey likes to debate. Most of you know that John likes to debate. This is a dangerous combination! They have, however, promised me that they will throw in a "don't worry, we aren't fighting" here and there to make me feel better. Poor Lesley and I just want peace.

The camera was off. We were all playing quietly and suddenly Hans says, "Wendi, take a picture." I asked him what I should take a picture of. "Take a picture of me," he said. And for good reason. This move won him a hand, and he wanted it well-documented. Unfortunately for Hans, it was Lesley who took home the big win!

Kelsey adding up all her points after Hans quick victory!


Dave, Les, and Wen

Tara preparing to play. Tara was preparing to play most of the evening. We all had a good time giving Tara a hard time about how much "thinking" she did in this game. The game would move rather quickly until it hit Tara's spot wherein JB and Kelsey could resume their heated debates.

Thanks for a fun evening Rachel and Hans!

Today, JB has the day off on the same day that I have a day off. We are going to go to church together TONITE! Something we haven't been able to do in weeks. Yay! We are also going to just have a fun time hanging out together. I am really looking forward to having him home today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In response:
That's fine, Wendi. First of all, middle school, I'll admit, was a fun time:)
Secondly, preparation is underrated. Slow and steady wins the race (sometimes). Those of you who have seen me take tests (Hans, I REALLY wanted to beat you in speed sometime, but looks like the opportunity has passed...) know that this Mexican-train-playing-style was nothing but characteristic of my non-hasty decision-making tendency (or maybe it was just my being slow up there... :))
Most importantly, thank you so much, Rachel and Hans, for such a fabulous evening!!!!

Anonymous said...

FUN night! Thanks for coming everyone! (Plus, I LIKE being on Wendi's blog...I'll have to invite her over more often! :-)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

That would be just fine with me (and JB) ... good food and good times. We know we will never be bored with you guys.

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»