Monday, July 24, 2006

Sad job news

Don't worry, don't worry. I didn't lose my job. However, the Restless Legs Syndrome Foundation sold the house we currently work in three blocks from my house. They felt that we could benefit from a more traditional work place and a place that isn't downtown (and therefore so expensive). They close on September 15th. At that point we may lease the house for a limited amount of time. However, it is most likely inevitable that we will be moving somewhere NOT downtown. This means ... gasp ... I will have to drive or take the bus to RLSF. I am NOT thrilled about this. I mean, I don't work there that often (about 8 hours a week in office and 8 hours a week out of office), but right now it is so convenient.

For example, today I worked at Mayo from 7:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and then stopped at home, grabbed my lunch, and continued walking down the street to RLSF. It is so ideal. It's a fifteen minute walk from my job at Mayo and merely a ten minute walk or less from my house.

We currently fill up our car about every six weeks. Sort of important when gas is nearing $3.00 a gallon. Neither of us drive very often at all. JB will sometimes drive the mile to St. Mary's simply to save himself some time for those early mornings, but we basically walk everywhere.

For the first time in over two years, I may have to COMMUTE! My Floridian compadres are laughing hysterically at this. My commute may be all of ten minutes with predictable traffic -- how horrid!

* * * * * * *

So do you guys like the "pointless trivia"? Here is another:

According to the folks we pay to know these things, the fastest one of these ever was clocked was 80 mph!

15 comments:

Ebby Ray said...

How about:
1. A locomotive
2. An Osprey

Ebby Ray said...

A sea turtle

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Um, none of these are correct. None of these are even close. Keep trying!

Anonymous said...

how about a cheetah?
Ray

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

It is not a cheetah. The closest guess so far was a locomotive and that wasn't THAT close.

Actually a Cheetah is about 70.

Anonymous said...

how about a bicycle
Ray

Anonymous said...

this may sound crazy but how 'bout a sneeze... maybe?

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

A sneeze is a funny guess but not right. A bicycyle is more on the right track. It is mechanical. (There's your clue!)

Anonymous said...

what about a roller coaster?

Gabbs said...

Nope.....the fastes toller coaster is the Kingda Ka at Six Flags Great Adventure....clocked at 128 mph in 3.5 seconds. Sounds like my kind of coaster.

Gabbs said...

That was supposed to say "fastest roller coaster"

Gabbs said...

Motor scooter?

Subway train (well, nevermind....if locomotive wasn't close, then this isn't the answer)

RC Car?

RC boat?

RC airplane?

RC anything?

Golf cart?

Motorized Wheelchair?

Ride on lawnmower? (I think the last three might be too dangerous if they went 80 mph)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Gabbi -- you WON!!!

It is a LAWNMOWER!!!

Gabbs said...

Ha ha....there's a lawnmower outside so it made me think of that, but it seems a little dangerous, doncha think?

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»