Saturday, July 01, 2006

Almost means didley squat

Today, I almost beat my dad in Tetris. We play the best of three. I had him on the ropes. It was 2-1, and I needed to win only one more game, and I couldn't come through in the crunch time. Maybe it was because I had already written the blog (in my mind) that would tell the world who the grand champion of Tetris was. I screamed to JB (who was in the shower) to let him know of the possibilities, and I lost my edge. Unbelievable. Mom, you should have seen it. It was beautiful. Or, it would have been beautiful.

Anyways, I said I would post about JB's schedule. Yesterday, he took his last test of third year, and today he started his Sub-I in gastroenterology. This is where the medical student is basically treated like a first year resident so they understand what residency is going to be about. He went in at 7:30, but because it was the first day, was able to meet my dad and me at Pannakooken for breakfast. Dad and I had walked there (the new one is right downtown) and John joined us.

When we got back, Tara and I took a walk to the hardware store so I could get some extra keys to our house. We've got a full one, and I want to make sure I have enough keys to go around.

In a bit, Tara, Dad, JB, and I are going to head down to Minneapolis to go to the Mall of America. Kelsey may go to -- I'm not sure yet. It should be a nice day. We may or may not catch a Twins game in the evening. We'll see how things go. Dad wants a steak for dinner so we'll try to find somewhere that caters to his needs.

I did want to take a second though (I know, two posts in one day), to tell my husband how proud I am of him and how I cannot believe he is ONE YEAR AWAY from being an M.D. How ridiculously crazy is that? He will be Dr. John. :) Okay, maybe Dr. Kit., but I think Dr. John is kinder sounding. That makes me think of my friend Michelle Rogers who married Hershal Pleasant and became Dr. Pleasant which she says people comment about on an hourly basis. It's so weird though. It feels like we just started this journey and now it is a year away from being over.

Great job JB. You are almost there. We are almost there. I am almost a doctor's wife. Now that's weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you to John. I'll soon be able to say, "my nephew, the doctor". :)

Aunt Linda