Wednesday, July 12, 2006

It's the little things

I often say it's the little things in life that make life memorable.

One of those little things?

WHEAT CROISSANTS.

I just ate one of my favorite sandwiches for lunch: hot ham and swiss on a croissant. I used to eat this at Roy & Joan VanWyck's on a weekly basis when I was a teenager.

But then, I got health conscious and stopped eating white bread -- or at least eating less of it. So I stopped eating croissants as well.

Then, yesterday, I found WHEAT croissants at Hy-vee.

I just ate two of them for lunch. I'm going back t work now, but I needed to share about this little thing in life that made my day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have Hy-Vee in Minnesota? We had Hy-Vee in Iowa. I miss it. We still sing there little song now and then.

Linda

P.S. 2 croissant sandwiches?!

Amy T. S. said...

Hy-vee, yes, Hy-Vee - where there's a helpful smile...in every aisle.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

LOL -- Amy, aren't those commercials HORRIBLE?!?

And yes, Linda, 2. I'm not proud of it but it is true.

Today, I just had one.

Wendi