Sunday, July 02, 2006

Say it ain't so


Yesterday was a good day. I accomplished a lot of things while JB was on call. (Call for this rotation means he goes in at 7 a.m. and gets off at noon the following day.)

For example, I:
  • went for a run (an activity I am currently very bad at).
  • went grocery shopping (an activity I despise).
  • attended a Honkers game with Kelsey, Dad, Ebby, Hunter, and Veronica (this is the local summer college baseball league).
  • ate well (got broccoli instead of french fries when Kelsey, Dad, and I went out for lunch).
  • cleaned out the bird cage (an activity that I despise).
  • played my dad in Tetris a few times (who won isn't important).
  • cooked dinner for my dad (grilled cheese and canned fruit, but hey, it was an effort, and he said it was good).
  • helped Kelsey figure out how to put a curtain up in her room (something that had previously stumped JB and I, but Kelsey solved it).
  • vacuumed (not very well but it was done).

However, all of these activities pale in comparison to my most important activity of the day -- a scrabble game that left WENDI AS THE WINNER AGAIN! This means that I am 2-0 to the king of words!!! YES!

My dad's reply to this embarrassment: "You have your fun Wen. You know what is going to happen."

My reply: "2-0 baby!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your picture of the Scrabble tiles! You are getting very good at decorating your blog. 2 thumbs up! :) I thought of you the other night because David and I were playing "best friends" Scrabble. When I don't have a letter I need, he gives it to me from his collection (I almost had "seminary" but needed an R), and when I have a place on the board picked out, I ask him not to go there, and he doesn't. I thought you would find that funny. :) Next thing you know, we'll be using proper nouns!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Lelsey, this is, as you assumed I would think, an attrocity to the word "scrabble" and even more so an attrocity to a "game" and to competition. Honestly, Dave may not even feel comfortable with you sharing this in general because it so unacceptable. However, it did make me laugh.

Anonymous said...

That, I have to agree, is hilarious. I am not a scrabble-player, so I don't think I take it so seriously, but I can totally see this happening in the Jones' household. Does this work with other games? How about Monopoly? (I would say, "David, please don't buy Park Place. I really like the blue properties." :))