Friday, July 07, 2006

I hate when I lose clothes

How do I lose clothes? I mean, those of you who know me, know I am a pretty organized person. It is summer time so I haven't gone to the gym. I haven't been on any recent trips either, and yet, despite these facts, I have two items of clothes that have completely disappeared.

One of these is a pair of black pants! My favorite pair of black pants mind you. How do you lose a pair of pants? (Quiet in the peanut gallery, Josh!) I have looked everywhere and cannot find them. Kelsey joked that she found 2 or 3 items that she thought were lost forever when she moved to our place. Maybe it will take me moving in order to find my lost pants.

I remember when I was a kid and living in Chicago. One of my socks fell off in the middle of the night. I remember, about five years later, admitting to my mom that my bed ate one of my socks when I was a kid. She laughed and said that most likely, she had found it cleaning at some point.

I was quite embarrassed. I had spent five years believing that a bed can eat socks before my mother corrected my thinking.

I have currently been blaming my lost pants on the closet eating them. I am really not sure what another explanation could be? Mom, I'd prefer if you didn't fix this line of thinking.

Today is my friend Shea's birthday. Happy birthday Shea!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh says...

I don't lose clothes, I miraculously acquire them! For example, I gave two FULL garbage bags worth of clothes to the salvation army. For one day my closet floor was clean. After ONE DAY my closet floor was completely covered with clothes that MIRACULOUSLY APPEARED!

So maybe...just maybe...there is some type of magic "clothes portal" that leads directly to my closet floor. You may find your clothes there Wendi!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Well would you mind looking for me please Josh? Now that I think of it, I should have asked you before I posted. Do you have a pair of women's black pants in your closet?

Anonymous said...

As a mother, I have to tell you what I tell my kids when they lose something. Retrace your steps. Try to remember when you wore them last and where you took them off. This usually helps turn on a light bulb in your brain. Did you wear them when you went on your trip to Mt. Rushmore? Check the trunk of your car. Or did you change at a friends? Sorry, I'm mothering...
Linda

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

No thanks Linda. I need all the help I can get. That's the thing. The only place I've worn them is to work and back. I didn't take them to Mount Rushmore, and I haven't been anywhere else but my home. AAAAAarrrrgggghhhh!