Monday, July 10, 2006

The day in pictures

I had a very busy Sunday, and I have decided that how better to share it, then to share it through photos. A picture is worth a thousand words, right? And since my blogs are sometimes nearly a thousand words, why not just provide six pictures instead of six thousand words? (I know some of you, who read very little, like, say, Josh, are extremely happy about this. Or even Christo who tells met that he visits only once a week and therefore only touches on the highlights.)

My day began at 8 a.m. with, you guessed it, the church bells. My dad, Mr. "nothing stresses him out", even commented on how loud these bells were so early on a Sunday morning. Sunday bells are, well, a weekly occurrence in our household, and I have given up attempting to sleep through them. Even my ear plugs cannot block the bells when they are right next to our window.

I then wandered into the living room to catch "Breakfast at Wimbeldon". I watched the first three sets of the match between Nadal (left) and Federer (right) -- enough to know that Federer would take home his fourth straight title, which he did.


The reason I didn't get to watch the whole match is because I went to church. Knowing that JB was on call again, and knowing that when he can't go to church, I have trouble getting motivated (hey, at least I admit my weaknesses, right?) I made sure I told Kristen Yuan that I would be meeting her there for the service so I wouldn't back out. Here is a picture of Kristen and her husband Brandon that I stole from their blog. Brandon is a first year medical student that we met at the Christian Medical and Dental Association Bible Study. We have really enjoyed getting to know them. They too are high school sweethearts!

On the way home from church, I stopped at Target to pick up some food for lunch and dinner and tried to call JB four times. No answer. Knowing he was supposed to get off call around noon, I couldn't help but wonder where he was and if he would get off in time for the World Cup finale.

I came home to find JB in similar fashion to this picture below.

I let JB sleep and began making lunch. I actually got a cookbook out, wrote down ingredients, and picked up those ingredients at Target. Somehow, I ended up making a really good Italian dish. I was very proud of myself. I added some carrots and bread and had a pretty decent Soccer meal. Of course we had to have our Rochester compadres there as well! Here's an old picture of Dave and Lesley Jones.


The four of us finished off Lesley's brownies from the night before and watched Italy defeat France in penalty kicks. Great game!


Following the conclusion of the soccer game, JB and I both took a nap -- make that another nap for him. I got up around 5:00, did a load of laundry (I didn't take a picture of that), and let John sleep another hour. Then I woke him up, and we walked to the Mayo Civic Center for the first of weekly Sunday night free concerts in the park.

Eric Church was the featured act. If you listen to country music, even if you don't know his name, you know his famous song "How 'bout you?" The weather was beautiful, and I packed cheese and crackers and apples and water, and we sat in our chairs and listened to a great concert. We really enjoyed his concert, even the song entitled "two pink lines". I realize I am doing okay with our infertility saga when I can hear that song and laugh at the irony and not cry at the fact that I have seen about 715 sticks with only one line!

Eric (we are on a first-name basis, me and Eric,) is from North Carolina, and the funniest thing he said all night was when he said how nice our weather was and how it was confusing that everyone he ran into during the day kept commenting on how hot and humid it was! He thought this was quite funny and quite strange because it felt rather cool and un-humid to him. John and I COMPLETELY agree. If one more person tells these two Floridians how hot or humid it is, I may just scream.

Let me say this once and for all, and then I will step down off my soap box until this ticks me off again and causes me to write a whole blog on the topic ... Minnesota is NOT hot and Minnesota is NOT humid. If you want hot and humid, visit the south in July or take a trip to Fort Lauderdale (south Floridians do not consider themselves southerners, but that's a whole 'nother blog as well.)

Okay, I feel better.

Oh and I was just joking about the Josh not reading very much comment. I love you Josh. Here, I'll plug your website for you just to make up for it. Visit Heisman today! (Link on right).

No comments: