Thursday, July 20, 2006

And the winner is ...

Well you all have gotten pretty good at putting comments on my blog. I decided to address some of them in a blog of its own. I decided to give some awards! Hey -- since this is my blog I can do whatever I want. These are awards from the best comments of the last two weeks. If you didn't win an award, please don't be hurt. I'm just randomly choosing these awards myself (committe of one mind you!)

The most touching comment goes to:
Tara Arness
"Oh geez. Rochester is, at times, truly fine and even (gasp) memorable, although I do think Nicole is a very, very smart girl for working the away-rotation-system. In all truth, I even caught myself saying one time, "Well, if the Kits stay here, I might be convinced..." (Back me up Ajit, if you read this blog!!). No, it is true that I feel my "calling" is NOT HERE, but I have met some of the most wonderful people I have ever known while living here, so how can that NOT be memorable?"

The funniest blog comment goes to:
Josh Huisman
Josh says...Here are a couple more South Florida traits...
1. You're IQ is 50 points lower than average
2. You eat dinner around 4 pm to get the senior citizens discount
3. You have extremely attractive cousins whose first names start with "J" end in "osh" and rhyme with "gosh".
4. You wear shorts that are 4 sizes too small.
5. You have tattoos right above your butt that say, "Stop Looking At My Butt"!(Okay, that last one isn't true, but it should be!)

The second funniest blog comment goes to:
Josh Huisman
JB explaining american music is like me trying to explain the theory of relativity!I think JB should stick to what he's good at...cooking and making up answers to questions he doesn't know the answer to!!!

The most sincere blog comment goes to:
Bara Zuhaili
Friday and Saturday were one of the best days ever in the US so far for me! I can't describe in words how wonderful it was! So I better leave it for you to imagine! Also, this posting is one of the best ever! it's very educational at least for non-americans! at least for part of my family and friends back in Middle east who read that for sure! Although Wendi is right in front of me now, I don't really know how to thank her and JB for this "pick-me-up"! I really can't express in english words! "excuse my english"! so I will put it here: Thank you guys! you are the best ever! Thank you! sorry for being long!

The most middle-of-the night blog comment goes to:
Lesley Jones
I love that you put a picture of "Tara and Bara" on the blog! I am really into things that rhyme. It's also 3:41AM, and I'm on call so maybe I'm just delirious. But I had to get my daily dose of Life in the Polar North! :)

The most "she feels my pain comment goes to:
Cassie Orme
Wendi! I love that you are discussing this because this exact issue has been on my mind. I also have my excuse all ready for the cop that my husband is a student and therefore that should count for me not getting a MN license. I have gone over the scenerio multiple times, even with what the cops rebuttals will be, and then what I will say back, etc. You see, when we first moved here, I called the DMV lady and I convinced her that I didn't need one until she agreed, so I thought I could tell the cop that one. I am worried though because technically you are suppose to get one within 30 or 60 days of moving here, so I wonder if they will try to give me some fine. Also, we do not have a front license plate either. Our car does not have holes to line up with the plate. But just a couple days ago, I read that not having a front license plate in Hennepin County is $112... so even though I have my excuses all layed out for the cop on this one too, I think we may just try to find a plate holder or something?? How did you get your front plate on?Ok, this is too long of a comment- sorry. But also, I enjoy the bullets as well. :)

P.S. I STILL have not found my stupid black pants. For crying out sideways!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»