Wednesday, May 06, 2020

We Bought a Farm: Lambs are in the air


First the puppies arrived.

Then Baby Theo arrived.

And now ... the lambs are here!

We had a small little birthing of lambs about a month ago: five of them. But the real "on time" birthing is happening right now.

And it's been super fun!

It didn't start out great, however. The first birthing were of twins. However, the mom seemed to be mostly ignoring one of the babies. We really try to have a hands-off approach here on our farm, so we gave her the evening to see what happened. The next morning we got a great surprise. 

I'll let THIS VIDEO tell the story.

John also shot this video of just a beautiful day on the farm as new babies lounged in the grass and Mamas and Mamas-to-be and boys-waiting-to-be-processed got their fill of new food. He entitled it: My Stress Relief. And I totally agree.

We had THE cutest lamb we've ever had born on the farm too early this morning. We were so excited it was a girl (because her genetics can stick around!) I got a video of this little lady here: New Cutie Lamb.

I also did this video giving a little overview of the difference between sheep and goats that might help educate some of ya'll: Goats vs. Lambs.

I am realizing: I'll never arrive.

But I'll keep striving to be as much like Christ as I can. And let people see him through me ... I hope.

 

No comments: