Friday, May 15, 2020

We Bought a Farm: And so it BEEeee-gins!


How many of ya'll could make the following statement:  

"We've spoken about raising bees often in the course of our marriage."

I mean, could you even write it without the word often in the statement.

"We've spoken about raising bees in the course of our marriage."

I mean, seriously. Don't we all have long candlelight conversation about ... BEES?

Perhaps not. 

But then, my life isn't like most lives I've come to realize.

My husband has read many, many, many books on bees. I'd like to say dozens, but I'm famous for over or underestimating so I'll just leave it at that. 

(My husband calls it the "Wendi's double or half rule." If I meant it to be a lot, I'll double it. If I meant it to sound like a little, I'll half it."

But I digress ...

He's read a lot of books on bees. He's always wanted bees. 

So the other day, we were talking about bees, and I said: "Yeah, I'm actually surprised we haven't gotten the stuff to do bees yet."

And it was like I said the magic words. As I got engrossed in dealings with two fighting little girls, John wandered over to the computer and ten minutes later wandered back and said:

"It's done."

"What's done?" I asked, totally clueless as to what he was referring to.

"Bees. I ordered everything to start doing bees."

And that's that. 

I'd like to complain about the bees. Maybe at some point I will. 

But I love honey.

So I will just eat my honey in silence and let my husband deal with the bees. 

Will I end up in a "bee costume" like Abigail above?

Alas.

Probably,


No comments: