Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Wee-wind Wednesday


May 5, 2015, I penned this post: I feel I suck at it. I was specifically talking about parenthood and how hard it felt to be a Mom somedays. 

On May 6, 2015, I went away with my friend Shea. A 24-hour Mom escape. I wrote about it here: Refreshed.

Flashbacks are so crazy. This was five years ago. We were living in the Nashville-area for a year while we regrouped from living overseas and prepared to find/buy our farm.

And now here we are ... bonafide farmers. 

I'll be honest though ... I have many, many, many days that I still feel like I stink/suck at the job of Mama. I make so many mistakes. We all have our strengths and weaknesses and keeping my cool is my weakness. Staying calm. Taking things in stride. Everyday I am reminded that I am a sinner, saved by grace, trying hard to eat right, read my Bible, not drink soda, get exercise in, practice my piano and Turkish, be a good wife ... oh, and raise four kiddos.

I am realizing: I'll never arrive.

But I'll keep striving to be as much like Christ as I can. And let people see him through me ... I hope.

 


No comments: