Friday, November 30, 2018

The Grinch: A Confession


"Parenting: If you're not tired, you're not doing it right." 

Our Grama Joni was supposed to fly in today, but Grampa Roy was really sick so she had to postpone/cancel her trip so she could take care of him. 

We were all super bummed. It was overcast and drizzly and rainy and just blah here on the farm. JB was working. Grampa and Grama are in middle TN visiting family. 

So instead of being crabby, I decided to try to make it a fun day. We went to Johnson City where I picked up grains for the farm and I then took the kiddos to Starbucks and to see the new Grinch movie. 

I've never been a big fan of the Grinch, but this movie was really cute. I was enjoying it, and the kids were really enjoying it. However, I can't give a completely accurate report because somewhere around the halfway mark, I fell asleep. 

And I woke up at the credits!

This has never happened to me in a theatre and especially not in a theatre when I am in charge of four children. 

But the kids like the movie.

And I liked my nap!


2 comments:

Camille Fox said...

You're so cute Wendi. ❤️

TAV said...

I do ok at matinees but fall asleep at 100% of movies that start (at home or in theater) after 8 p.m.