Thursday, July 13, 2017

Tooth #21


Abigail lost her fifth tooth last week -- and it was one of her front ones! We put the tooth in an orange box, but she wanted to be able to keep the orange box. We have tried to get the kids to believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy just because I think it is fun. But the boys decided at a young age, that the idea wasn't practical. And they explained it to Abigail who concurs. Only Hannah is allowed to keep believing ... for now. So as I put her to bed she said: 

Abigail: "Mom, so if you are the tooth fairy tonight, can you not take the box?"
Me: "I'm not the tooth fairy."
Abigail: "Mom, I know the tooth fairy isn't real so just talk to dad too and make sure I get to keep the box?

In the middle of the night, she got a little scared and wanted to sleep on the couch. She came to my side of the bed since Daddy was just coming off of nights, and the kids know he can't handle being woken up with so little sleep in his tank.

Abigail: "Mom I want to move downstairs, but I am not sure if you've put the money under my pillow yet."
Me: "I am not the tooth fairy."
Abigail: "Okay, but do I bring the orange box down with me?
Me: "Check inside of it and see if the tooth fairy has come yet."

Abigail leaves to run upstairs and come back down.

Abigail: "There is no money under my pillow."
Me: "Did you look inside the orange box?
Abigail: "No. Hold on."

Abigail leaves to run upstairs and come back down.

Abigail: "Okay, you put the money inside the orange box."
Me: "I am not the tooth fairy."
Abigail: "Okay. Good night."



No comments: