Sunday, June 25, 2017

We Bought a Farm: Wanting to Skip the Stinky Things

I want to not write Blog posts detailing the icky stories -- the ones I don't want to remember. But yet, I feel, it is important to write about the good and the bad. To keep it real. To not make things seem idyllic all the time. Because sometimes it is far from idyllic.

Today we had a big bummer occur on the farm. We had friends over with a dog. There were three dogs.  We are not sure whose dog was responsible but the turkey brooder was left open inadvertently and one of the dogs got inside and killed 2/3 of our turkeys.

It was awful. We feel awful. Everyone is sullen and frustrated. It is the nature of the farm life I suppose, but it doesn't make it less difficult. I wish I knew which dog it was because I really thought I had trained that instinct out of both of my pups. But we don't know. Not sure we will ever know. And it honestly doesn't matter.

I feel whooped. I feel like I don't want to be a farmer anymore. I feel like I just want to quit.

This'll pass. But for right now, this is keepin' it real.

I really want to throw in the towel.

So sad.

1 comment:

Tracye said...

Oh, friend. That is awful. I am so sorry.