Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Tribe Life Tuesday: My Personal Development Journey

A weekly post from my childhood to grown-up friend Carrie ~ 
sharing her awesome life and her desire to have community while doing it!

Happy TribeLife Tuesday! I am so excited to share with you today! I am consistently on a personal development journey; I love to read and listen to people who encourage me to be the best person I can be. Recently, I have had many opportunities for introspection, which is an important part of the growing process. So today, I want to tell you about me, the girl that you may never meet but may be connected with until forever.
Here is a little about me:
  • Everything I do must have a purpose, if not, no thank you.
  • I’m not very self-disciplined.
  • I hate injustice.
  • I take responsibility for things I don’t need to… but I don’t always take responsibility for what is mine. (Figure that one out)
  • I am an extroverted introvert.
  • I love to read but don’t do it nearly enough.
  • Sleeping is one of my talents.
  • I prefer the nicer things in life.
  • I have my best ideas and am the most focused at night.
  • I am an organized mess.
  • I’m a city girl and a country girl!
  • And, most of all, I want to create a life worth living.
I say we should create on purpose. It’s up to us to do all we can with what we have to make the best life we can. We’re required to do our part and the rest will work itself out. When we serve others our lives begin to take shape in beautiful, unexpected ways.

Each of us are unique. We love what we love and hate what we hate. I know those are strong words, but people are worth loving and some things are worth hating. Again, we hate some things, not people. Like I said above, I hate injustice. I physically hurt when I see the rights of others being violated. Your loves and hates are so important, don’t dismiss or overlook them. 

You are unique; you bring something to the world that we need. Do you know what that something is? If not, find out what drives you and start there. There's a good chance that passion will contribute to the clarity of your life's purpose. 

I still don’t fully know with absolute certainty that I was put on earth to do a specific thing, but I know what drives me, what type of life I want to live and that’s enough for me. I feel like I am going to look back one day and go “oh, I see it now”. But it will be revelatory at the end and transformative while I’m in it. 

So what does a life worth creating look like to for me?
  • It looks like having deep, meaningful relationships 
  • Caring for the broken
  • Giving more than I keep 
  • Loving people well, right where they are 
  • Being empathetic 
  • Having wealth beyond my wildest dreams 
  • Creating a safe, respectful culture everywhere I go
  • Making our legacy legendary
This sounds like a life I want: having more than enough, plenty to give and plenty to keep. I want to create a space where all are welcome. You can be sure that I am in the process of creating this type of life for myself and, of course, my husband is right there with me. Everyday is an opportunity to take another leap in the direction of my future.

Now that you’ve read all about me, who I am and what I long for my life to look like, I encourage you to go through a similar introspective time for yourself. Whether you know your purpose or you haven’t got a clue, take some time to think through who you are and what you want out of life. Then, because we’re not meant to do life alone, share this with your friends, your tribe, your community, so they can encourage you and challenge you to be your best self and go after the life you want. I can’t wait to see what you create! 

Thank you for reading.

See you next Tuesday!

Carrie

*Please note that content in guest blogs is not necessarily shared by the station manager (i.e. Wendi!)

No comments: