Friday, August 02, 2013

Friday Funnies

First day back in America. The boys had no idea what pantyhose were. Isaac saw my mom come downstairs in dark pantyhose. "Why are you apricot and brown?" he asked.
*****
I forgot that we live on an island with relatively no lightning or thunder (we saw lightning one time during the year we have lived there.) They heard lightning and immediately asked: "What is that?"
*****
I always dilute my kids' juice before I give it to them. Half water and half apple juice. The night before we left for America, we went up to the TORC restaurant on Base for dinner. The kids got straight apple juice. "Mmmmmmm," Elijah said, "Is this Portuguese Apple Juice?"
*****
Elijah (Sidge) is a "close talker". We've been working on him recognizing people's personal space and respecting it. On our plane to America, our friend Renee was trying to teach Sidge what personal space was using the whole "everyone has a bubble" idea. She asked Sidge: "Can you make a bubble?" He looked at her and said, "I can make a spit bubble!"

No comments: