Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Isaac and "Pa"

Isaac and "Pa"
 
Today he comes home.

But yesterday he got to meet "Pa."

I think it is interesting that little brother Sidge saw this picture and said, "That wooks wike Woy." (i.e. That looks like Roy.)

Yep. Pa is Roy's Dad. You won't see any family resemblance to Isaac since Isaac's birth mother, Bri, was also adopted. But this is still his birth great grandfather! And he got to meet him! Way cool.

It may be difficult for people who are not adoptive parents to understand that this excites me. When Isaac gets to spend time with his birth mother Bri's family, I am blessed by this. My heart is happy that he will always know the truth of his birth. He will feel included. He will feel loved by extra people.
 
"Perhaps an adoptive parent faces sooner what every parent must face eventually: Our children are not ours; they belong to themselves. What will keep them visiting us joyfully when they are grown is the quality of our relationship, not biology." -- Judy Rader
 
But now, I am just anxiously awaiting his return to my arms! We have really missed Isaac around here. Time to come home big brudder!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Beautifully written, Wendi. I hear your mother's heart in your sweet words, and it is lovely! Hope you are feeling well.