Saturday, January 05, 2013

Update

I'm not sure how else to put this information "out there" so I'll just do it this way.

We are pregnant.

Our fifth and final try with IVF was a success.

My numbers on Wednesday and then on Friday went up appropriately meaning, as of right now, the pregnancy "has stuck."

We will not know if it is 1 or 2 until we have an ultrasound done in 3 weeks.

As of today, I am considered six weeks pregnant. The ultrasound will be at 9 weeks.

Finding out we are pregnant is, obviously, great news. Happiness. My heart still feels for those who are still waiting.

Thank you to all of you who have been praying for me. Please continue to pray that the anxiety and depression that has nearly crippled me stays far away. I have now gotten some morning sickness and today there was no anxiety or depression. I'll take physically ill over mentally ill any day!

I will update more as I continue to feel better. I am not getting on the computer very much right now so if you email me or Facebook or leave a comment and don't hear back right away, please don't take it personally. I'm just really feeling lead to be with my family and my Jesus. I've cancelled any outside activities for the rest of January so that I can heal and get back to the woman I want to be.

P.S. I apologize for not emailing more people directly. I'm really taking a siesta from computer life as much as I can.

23 comments:

Buttercup said...

Congratulations and lots of prayers!

Carrie said...

Congratulations!! I've been waiting to hear the news :) Yes - take a break from everything for as long as you feel you need!

Wegner Family said...

I got on the computer today, looking for a post of this nature. Congratulations! I will continue to pray that you return to the "old Wendi" soon!

TAV said...

Congrats!! Have been waiting for an update. praise God!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! Praying for God to renew your spirit.
For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Tiffany said...

Yeay! Congratulations to you and the family! Very exciting news. Many prayers for a healthy pregnancy and your emotional healing. :-)

Debbie said...

Ohhhh, I got goosebumps reading this! I am so happy and pleased for your whole family.

Tamara said...

Congraulations, Wendi! I hope you are feeling more like your "old self" soon!

The Woodfords said...

Congratulations, Wendi and JB!! Hope you're feeling better on all counts soon! So very excited for you!

Steph

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS to the whole family!!! YEA, A new brother or sister or maybe BOTH for your sweet family! Hang in there Wendi! This too shall pass and then things will get better and you will be back to your old self....the Lord is with you every step of the way! Just so excited for you!! :) Love Ya, N and T

Joy Z said...

I've been checking each day and waiting eagerly for this post. Congratulations!!! So happy for you. Please know too that I've been praying for your anxiety and depression and I will continue. Love you Wendi!

TG said...

Wendy, We are overjoyed for you and John. We have been praying for you during this season. Thank you for sharing your life with us. We love you!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Wendi! Praying for your complete return to feeling like the normal Wendi. I have suffered some anxiety and maybe a bit of depression this past year. It has really helped reading about your experience. Thank you so much for sharing. Debbie

Melissia said...

Congratulations! We hope to be joining you soon as we are transferring our donated embryos in May.

jenicini said...

What fabulous news! Congratulations! I hope your focus on your family helps you get back to where you want to be emotionally. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Wendi and JB!! Wonderful news! Look after yourself, Wendi!
Cheryl

Kell said...

Congratulations! Praying that you feel like the real you soon!

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news Wendy and fam! So happy for you guys:) --Diana from AB

Anonymous said...

So excited for you and your family! God knows His plans for you! Celebrating with you! Lynda

Faith said...

WOW! SO happy for you hun! Rest up, take care of yourself and I will look forward to reading more soon:).

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you all. And praying that everything "sticks" and that your depression and anxiety stay away. I definitely can relate to that part and it is such a struggle, especially when you have kids that need you. Take care and God is surely watching over you all!!

Emily said...

Congratulations, Coach K!! Praying for you!!

Judy Woodford said...

AWESOME!!! God's amazing surprises!!!