Monday, January 14, 2013

WOW!

Well, it turns out, I am still very pregnant.

My numbers on Friday were in the 5,000 range. Today they were in the 12,000 range. They did an ultrasound on me this morning. It is too early to see a heartbeat, but they did very clearly see ONE baby. They also saw what appeared to be a hemorrhage (for lack of the scientific term) that would explain the bleeding and clotting I had.

I have still been VERY sick. Much sicker than I ever was with Sidge or Abigail, especially this early. I do not throw up but am nauseous much of the day. I can sleep at night with the help of a sleeping pill. I have also lost a lot of weight since starting this IVF procedure (about 15 pounds). However, my anxiety/depression is very well controlled. I would say, today, I even sort of feel like it isn't an issue, which is really saying something.

I would continue to covet your prayers for me emotionally, mentally, and physically -- as well as our entire family.

We are beyond excited for this sudden change of events! JB and I were pretty sure that a miscarriage occurred, especially after I was not that sick after the second episode of bleeding.

Praise the Lord.

Miracles DO happen.

11 comments:

Kell said...

So happy for you guys! We'll keep you in our prayers throughout the pregnancy and beyond!

Anonymous said...

YEA!!!! So Happy to hear this! Been praying and will continue to pray! N

June said...

Hang in there, Wendi! One day, one hour, one minute at a time. Hugs to you and yours.

jv726 said...

So happy for you! I know I haven't had quite the journey of getting pregnant that you have, but I too am expecting and I had bleeding from weeks 5-12 and everything is going well at 15 weeks. I hope your pregnancy goes well and the bleeding is done!

Beth said...

Praises being sent heavenwards! Continued prayer, being nauseated is no fun for anyone. You might consider adding B6, it worked well for me in combination with Unisom. So happy for you!

Joia said...

Praise God!!!! I have checked the blog several times this morning for an update and was beyond excited to see that the baby is okay!! =)

Joy Z said...

I am so happy! Tears of joy here. Love you and I will certainly continue to pray!

Unknown said...

Awesome to hear! I had the same thing happen with my 2 boys and thankfully everything turned out fine. Praying for you all!

Jenny said...

Praise God!!! So happy to read this Wen!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! So happy for you!
Hugs,
Mich

Faith said...

YAY! I had a feeling that was the case because it has happened to pretty much every single one of my friends who did IVF:). SCH I think they are called, right? Congrats! Thinking of you!