Sunday, March 18, 2012

Things I forgot about (part II)

I wrote this post about things I forgot about the USA.

Now that I've been back a month, I realized that I forgot some things about Turkey too.

Things like:

1. The call to prayer. Didn't hear that even one time in America. Now, it's five times a day again.
2. Security checks when returning to Base. I was reminded that I'm not in Kansas anymore.
3. Turkish food. Oh I love thee. Oh how I will miss thee. Rana's mom's might be the best I have ever had.
4. Seeing people I know everywhere I go. There are no "quick" runs to the grocery store here.
5. How friendly people are in customer service.
6. How closely employees follow you when you shop. Do they know we Americans hate this?
7. How little ketchup they give me for my french fries. It's enough for like, two fries!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh well my mom's food is not completely Turkish is half Arabic:) But she is exceptionally a good cook which also makes a difference but i am glad you liked it so much! Rana