Sunday, March 25, 2012

Time for some :) :) :) (smiles)


While looking at the book I referred to in this post, Isaac stopped me when we got to this page. He looked at the tiny man at the top of the ladder and said, "Boy, he must have been firsty." 

*****

Our friend Patty is a professional ballerina, and we often see pictures of ballerinas and say that that is what Ms. Patty is! While making cookies, Elijah stood on his stool on one foot and said, "Look! I'm standing on one leg, just like Ms. Patty!"

*****

Elijah: "We are pirates Daddy!"
John: "Wow, you are! Look at that boat you made!" (Pillows under the kitchen counter.)
Elijah: "Yeah! It's our boat!"
John: "Are you going to sail the seven seas?"
Elijah: "Ummm ... no. We are going to stay right here."

*****

I was talking to Logan in the van, heading to the mosque park, telling her about Elijah's birth. I said that he had meconium which meant (although she already knew) that he "pooped in the womb." Elijah thought that was so funny and started saying, from his seat behind us, "Pooped in the womb. Pooped in the womb."

*****

You can really see the age difference in the boys when it comes to saving their pennies. Isaac seems to understand that, "A lot of pennies are a nickel. Right Mommy?" Elijah on the other hand would much prefer a penny to a nickel anytime. They saved twenty pennies and got to buy a car at the thrift store. 100 pennies meant one at the Optimum Toy Store (Turkish mall.)

*****

Wendi: "What do you want for breakfast, Elijah?"
Elijah: "A granola bar."
Wendi: "No, those aren't for breakfast. Those are for a snack."
Elijah: "Okay. Can I have a snack?"

*****

Elijah has been saying some cute things. Instead of calling a polar bear it's real name, he accidentally says snowlar bear. Like the other day he walked up to me while in the living room and said, "Mommy, where's my shadow?" Another time he said, "Mommy, can you say Yo Ho like Jake. Not Jake like Aksel's Daddy. But Jake like the Neverland Pirates." (Aksel still comes out a bit differently than it should ad you can see from the video below).



*****

Elijah while praying for dinner last night said, "Dear Lord, thank you for my food. And please listen to my bottom." (He smacked his hind end when he said this part. We have no idea where he got it from or what it meant.)

*****


Threatening Elijah does NO good. He calls my bluff each and every time. Take these two examples
Isaac: "Mommy, Elijah took some of my apples and fed them to Scrubby."
Wendi: "Did you do that Elijah?"
Elijah: "I did."
Wendi: "Why?'
Elijah: "Scrubby wanted them."
Wendi: "Well how 'bout I take some of your apples and give them to Scrubby? How would you like that?"
Elijah: "That would be fine Mom."

-- and --

Wendi: "Elijah, if you don't lay down and be quiet, I am going to make you go sleep in the bathroom."
Elijah: "Oh yes! Can I go sleep in the bathroom now?"

*****

As Elijah talked back to me, I reminded him that he was supposed to say, "Yes Ma'am." He said it and then said, "Now I get a penny." When I told him that in order to get a reward penny he needed to remember it on his own, his reply was, "Awww man."

*****


Elijah and I were playing on the couch with pillows. He put some around me and then said:
Elijah: "Mommy, you are in jail."
Wendi: (sad face)
Elijah: "Don't worry Mommy. It's a nice jail."

*****

Elijah has started telling me I am his son. "Now what, my son?" he'll say.

*****

Isaac came downstairs after going to bed to use the bathroom. Afterwards, he walked out in the living room to ask JB to bring him back upstairs. And so he says, "Daddy," and he pointed at the light on the ceiling. "Excuse me. But that light uses electricity. And would you take me upstairs now?"

*****

Isaac has started referring to himself in the third person. "Let me see. Isaac can figure it out." or "Let Isaac take a look. He can fix it."

*****


Elijah: "Mommy can you help me color this picture?"
Wendi: "No, but I'll stand here and answer any questions you have."
Elijah: "I have a question Mommy."
Wendi: "Okay, what's your question?"
Elijah: "Can you help me color this picture?"

*****

I have instructed the boys to keep an eye out for small things Abigail could put in her mouth. If she has something, to take it from her or tell me. If they see something, to pick it up and put it in the trash. Isaac saw a leaf near her the other day and said, "Oh dear oh dear oh dear." He picked it up. "Here you go Mommy," he said. "I saved Abigail."

*****

When Elijah had his black eye, I asked him one day while he was riding in his seat in the car if he could see out of his eye. He obviously thought I meant, "Can you see your other eye?" Because he kept trying to look from one eye to the other and saying, "No, Mom. I can't see my eye. Maybe when I get home, I can look in a mirror and see it."

*****


John: "You are a lion."
Elijah: "No I'm not."
John: "You don't want to be a lion."
Elijah: "No, I just want to be Sidge." (Our nickname for him)

*****

The only underground parking in  Turkey is at the Optimum mall. In Germany, there is underground parking everywhere! When we drove into the underground parking at the Optimum the other day, Elijah said, "Are we in Germany?"

*****

When trying to give Isaac a bit of hamburger the other day, JB told him that he will like it. "It's a hamburger," JB said. "You'll like it." Isaac wrinkled his nose, looked at the burger and said, "But it doesn't have peanut butter and jelly on it."

*****

Click here for a short video of Elijah's cute way of saying "zip."

1 comment:

Mo said...

oh!! all these anecdotes are soooo adorable! thank you for sharing them. what an absolutely wonderful family you have!!

Mo