Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sometimes I don't like ...

... being married to a doctor.

I find out things. Painful things. Maybe not specific (patient confidentiality and all that jazz) but I still hear generically sad stories.

Last night JB received a phone call. He was asked to take over for the current doctor on call. Phone call. (There is always one doctor on phone call -- handling emergencies in off hours.)

Why did he have to take over? Because there had been a death. A young airman. And the current doctor on call was on his way to the hospital to deal with the details.

Here is a link to an article about the death. 


While JB knows more, and I subsequently know more, I don't want to post more until that information is public knowledge. But what I will say is, becoming a mother has made me more sensitive to these types of things. I was changing Abigail's diaper when JB told me, and all I could think was, "This young man was someone's baby. IS someone's baby."


Our Base is small. And these things hurt deeply. I did not know this man personally. But please pray for all who did.

No comments: