Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bunny Bars

I usually hate adult crafts. More stuff to sit around my house. No thank you. But when the craft involves something I can make/do with my boys, I love them. Last week at MOPs we made these "Bunny Bars." It was way fun. The boys, honestly, would have rather eaten the bunnies and M&M's whole, prior to cooking. But it was fun to stir it up together! I think we may even get the ingredients and make some of these as presents for friends at Easter. Way fun! (And way yummy -- plain or over vanilla ice cream -- I tried both.)

I thought about waiting to post this until after we had made them for our friends, but I thought that some of you may want to try it. So here you go, just in time for Easter:

Ingredients:
1 Quart size jar/container
1 cup M&M's
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 sleeve of graham crackers
12 marshmallow Bunnies 



Here are the baking instructions: Empty the jar contents into a bowl. Snip the bunnies into bits with kitchen scissors or a knife. Return the bunny bits to the mixture and mix well. Melt ½ c. butter, add 1 t. vanilla. Pour this over the dry ingredients, mixing well. Pat into a greased 8 or 9 inch baking dish. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars. Or serve warm over vanilla ice cream.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ingredients??
grandma k
(are those potato chips on top?)

Anonymous said...

Ok-I know it's a napkin:)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Added the ingerdients to the blog. And I have no idea what the napkin is. We didn't do that.

Debbie said...

Do you break up the graham crackers into pieces?

John K (Temperate Climate Permaculture) said...

Yes, graham crackers are crushed up!

David and Lesley said...

You snip the bunnies into pieces? How barbaric!

Just kidding! :)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Lesley, I agree ... it totally disturbed me while doing it!