Sunday, August 28, 2011

A jog?

Abigail was six weeks old yesterday. I decided to celebrate six weeks of healing with a jog.

Okay, okay. So jog may not be the word for what I did. If your dog is just sort of walking next to you then maybe that means your jog doesn't qualify as actually running? Either way, I actually did something more than walking and that alone makes me proud.

I am not completely healed. I still have some discomfort when I move in certain directions and it is difficult to lay on either side in bed still. But I am progressing nicely. This was my fourth stomach surgery. Hernia surgery in high school. Two c-sections. And the appendectomy back in January. I'm ready to keep the knives out of my tummy for awhile.

But the jog will hopefully help me with the at least twenty more pounds that I want to lose. I'm not panicking about the weight yet. JB said to give myself at least three months before I start checking the scale. So I'm going to try that. But I do want to see some numbers dropping off big time in the not-so-distant future.

Oh and jogging isn't the only cool news in our lives. The boys moved into twin sized beds yesterday thanks to an ad I answered on the Incirlik Yard Sale's Facebook page. (Love that site!)

And, we had a block party last night. More details and pics to come soon. Way fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember getting impatient about the weight loss with my second baby as well. Just be patient and definitely keep breastfeeding, that will help as she grows and takes more calories out of you. Hang in there!
Marie