Saturday, August 13, 2011

VBS Wrap-Up

Dear VBS Volunteers,

My husband and I wanted to take the opportunity to thank all of you for taking the time out of your own busy lives to bless the life of our child (and countless other children.) Our three-year-old Isaac is a bit shy and reserved and we really thought that he would revolt before getting on the bus or tell us he didn't want to go back after the first day. But he loved VBS and was so excited each morning to go off with Mommy to get on the bus. He was especially excited about the "blue cupcakes and jellybeans." It was so exciting to me that he was really learning something when I asked him what he made for a craft and instead of telling me what the snack was, he said, "I made Jonah. But then a fish ate him." The last day of VBS, he climbed off the bus, so very excited about his bag of goodies and all the things he made. He couldn't wait to show us each and every single thing in his bag (and to try and prevent his younger brother from taking them over). I never did find out his teacher's name though as each time I asked him who his teacher was he told me, "The green people."*

We have two other young children at home including a newborn baby and were not in a position to volunteer ourselves this year. But we wanted to sayhow deeply we appreciated those of you who gave of your time to give our son his first real exposure, outside of our house, to the love of our Savior.

Sincerely,

John and Wendi Kitsteiner

*The volunteers all had on green shirts. This really made me smile.

1 comment:

grama di said...

I am so proud of him! Can we skype tomorrow and hear the details from him?