Thursday, August 11, 2011

In the midst of fatigue ... giggles galore

I am not sure if there is anything better in my sleep-deprived state, than having my boys entertain me with their funny statements.
*****
If JB is wrestling with Isaac, Elijah will come up to JB to defend him. He'll say, "Daddy, that's my friend Isaac." I love that they stick up for each other. We joke that Isaac will be the little sneaky guy saying things to other people and igniting tension, and our gentle giant Elijah will have to step in. He'll sigh and say, "Back off guys. That's my friend Isaac."
*****
I asked Isaac what he made for a craft in Vacation Bible School. He replied by saying, "I made Jonah, but then a big fish ate him."
******
Elijah has been coming up to me through the day and saying, "Um, Mommy. I got a good idea. Do you want a prize (surprise)?" When I tell him that I would love a surprise, he says, "Okay, let's watch a movie!" It currently appears that Mickey Mouse Clubhouse has been replaced by Diego. He absolutely loves this show.
*****
Elijah is still taking a nap in what is now Abigail's room and crib. (Although, Abigail is yet to actually sleep in that crib or room. She is still in a pack-n-play in our room.) When I go to get him up, he has been telling me, "I'm still sleeping, Mom." Isaac, who is often with me for Elijah's wake-up will then say, "You aren't asleep Ewijah. Your eyes are open." Elijah will then shut his eyes and begin to pretend-snore. Yesterday, when Isaac and I continued to hang around even after the pretend snoring, Elijah turned to us and said, "I need my privacy, Mom." I kid you not! Privacy? Really?
*****
I have to wonder if Isaac has learned the phrase, "Just be happy," at VBS this week. Any time that eithe rmy or JB's voice silghtly portrays frustration or fatigue, he turns to me and says,
"Mommy, could you just be happy?" What do you say in response to this?
*****
Elijah continues to give "100 kisses" to me, Daddy, and Veronica. He kisses us on each cheek and the lips. He recently added the nose and then this past week also added eyes. Lotsa slobbering going on there.
*****

3 comments:

Angie D in MN said...

love these little tidbits!!!... sounds like every day is an adventure!!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Kids are so similar with the funny things they say. I remember the boys using the word "privacy" only they would use when talking about going potty or talking about their underwear or bum. Through gritted teeth they would say "mom, that's privacy!" I think I have scars on the inside of my lips from having to bite down hard on them to keep from laughing at them.

Your baby girl is so precious. So are your boys. What a blessing they are to you (and to all of us who get to read about them).

Bethany

Gabbs said...

Too funny! I just love the 2-4 year old stage!!!