Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I shoulda known . . .

This was my attempt at a picture of Isaac in his cute little outfit before church on Sunday morning. Yes, I did attempt and get to church on my own on Sunday. And I did a mighty good job of it too. I remembered everything, the kids were dressed appropriately, I was dressed appropriately. It was a peaceful and great morning.

However, I shoulda known that Isaac's tears when I put him down for a picture was a sign that he wasn't feeling good ... again. Right before I put him into nursery, I thought he felt a little warm, but chalked it up to the church being hot and me being "overly motherly". However, ten minutes after I dropped him off, they were calling me out to get him. I could hear him screaming in the hallway. Roxanne was trying to comfort him, to absolutely no avail, and she asked me if I knew he was burning up!? So I guess my intuition was correct.

I took Isaac and Elijah, piled them into the car before I even got to hear the sermon, and drove to the hospital. I had to wait a bit to see JB because he was quite busy, but he was able to take about ten minutes and check Isaac out. He had a temperature of 104! What is it with this kid and his temperature? No apparent earache either. One of JB's fellow residents, Kacey, was there, and comforted us with an unbiased, not-his-parent assessment. (There's a reason doctors don't treat their own family. It just really isn't possible!) It seems he is just getting some illnesses back-t0-back and for whatever reason, he is more prone to them manifesting themselves with fevers. Poor little guy. The good thing is that after some Tylenol and a FOUR hour nap, he was more like himself. It's now Tuesday and while the fever is not gone, he seems to be doing a bit better everyday.

However, despite not making it through the entire service, I am very proud of myself for getting to church solo. It honestly wasn't bad at all. I did miss MOPS today due to Isaac being sick but am enjoying a very productive morning at home.

I am also very excited about all the company we have coming in. I realized that between company and travels, we have a lot going on! Our list includes:
  • On Thursday, JB's Mom and our sister-in-law Gabbi and her two kids Grace & Nathan are coming in to help us celebrate Isaac's birthday party!
  • Then a few days later, Joan is coming to keep me company while JB goes out of town for a week.
  • A few days after she leaves, my parents are coming up for Memorial Day.
  • After they leave, we'll be heading out to visit Kentucky and then head to New York for Ajit's wedding.
  • About a week after we get back, my Dad is coming up to spend a week during his summer vacation.
  • I have also booked a ticket to Chicago in mid-June with Elijah so that my Grama H. can meet the little guy as she has been pretty sick in recent months.
  • Over the Fourth of July, my brother, his wife, and their new baby are coming to visit.
  • And then come late July, we are all heading to Colorado where JB is attending another Wilderness Medicine Conference. I am so blessed that my great friend (and Isaac's godmother) Kelsey will be joining us in Snowmass to help me with the boys and just spend some time with for awhile! Yippee!
Whew . . . I'm exhausted just writing out that list. So much for my plans to lay low for awhile. I managed to, for about four months. No it's time to get the party started!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks so sad. And if his "gramma Roxanne" couldn't comfort him, you know he had to feel pretty stinky! Hopefully, he'll be back to normal by the weekend and these episodes will happen less frequently as time goes by.
love, mom k
ps your scedule makes me tired:)

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

awwww feel better soon Isaac! (((hugs)))

TAV said...

Poor little guy. Excited about his 1st birthday!!

Joy Z said...

I must say you looked awesome at church and I was amazed at how well you were doing during worship. Good job mama! I was wondering where you went, now I know, poor little buddy! Hopefully he'll get to feeling better!

Oh yeah, and know that the Zarates are jealous of you getting to go to Colorado!