Friday, June 23, 2006

I finally can tell you ...

Picture of me with Kristi and my goddaughter Logan

It's been welling up inside me for MONTHS!

But today, I can post on my blog that my best buddy Kristi is PREGNANT again!

I actually found out about Kristi's pregnancy very early on. However, she had a very difficult first few months. The Lord has truly done a miracle for Lee & Kristi and their daughter Logan (my goddaughter.) This has been a difficult pregnancy with a lot of "issues" so they have kept things low-key and waited until the first trimester.
This is still a high-risk pregnancy so I would appreciate if you continued to keep the Hunts in your prayers.
Kristi's announcement email cracked me up when she wrote:
Well this is going to be a year that Christmas comes even slower. We are expecting our second child. The baby is due in mid December. For those of you doing math, I am almost 15 weeks pregnant. Because of past problems and because the first trimester was filled with lots of problems, we wanted to wait until we were out of the danger zone to tell folks. Well things are looking very positive and my belly is really starting to stick out. So to avoid nasty rumors about eating lots of chicken enchiladas, we thought it was time to tell everyone.

Thanks to everyone that has had us in prayers lately and there is no question that prayer works. A few more prayers would be greatly appreciated. Lee and I are very excited and Logan is giving the baby kisses every night. The only problem is after kissing my belly, she runs to Lee's and says baby and then kisses it. So there might be a little confusion, but lots of love.
Kristi and I have been friends sine we came as freshmen together to Western Kentucky University, and I am so blessed by her. She is one of the few people that completely knows everything about me -- one of those people that I all when I have something very personal to get advice on. I love her, Lee and Logan so much and can't wait to go visit the family of FOUR in the spring in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Keep the prayers coming.
* * * * *
Tonight, John and I are going to walk to Rochesterfest's parade which is just a block or two from our house and then enjoy a low-key weekend. We do plan to go to dinner at Ajit's house tomorrow night but other than that, just enjoy spending some time together at home (and finish my laundry!)

No comments: