Friday, June 16, 2006

Mount Rushmore

Well it is very early on Friday morning, and we are about to leave for our anniversary weekend. Okay, so technically our anniversary isn't until Tuesday, but we are quite fine with celebrating it a bit early.

We plan to drive today to Keystone, South Dakota, where we have a hotel booked. We will spend all day Saturday exploring South Dakota including Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse (and the list of places my mid-westerner friend Kelsey gave me) and then drive home on Sunday. We have tickets booked on western train that takes a two hour scenic route, and I think I would also take a ski lift to the top of Mount Rushmore and then ride the alpine slide down!

I know this is just a short trip, but when else will be near enough to South Dakota to visit? I actually have seven states left that I haven't been to: Oregon, Washington, Idaho, the Dakotas, Alaska, and Hawaii, so after this weekend I will have six. The problem? When will I ever make a special trip to North Dakota or Idaho? I have NO idea. JB has a few more than me, but one visit to the Mississippi/Louisiana area, and we'll knock those out.

I do have a special surprise for my loyal blog readers. My cousin Josh will be in to entertain you on Saturday while I am gone! Now, since I cannot read or edit what he writes, I must apologize now for anything that takes place on my blog while I am gone. I also cannot email Josh to nag him to post, so those of you who know him, if it gets to be Saturday afternoon and you haven't seen a post, make sure to give him a call or email him and just drive him crazy. He wouldn't mind at all.

Speaking of Josh, his song is to #8. Go vote again if you haven't. You can get there through his webpage (linked on the right).

I will blog again on Sunday night when we get back (or Monday morning if it is too late.) I'm sure I will have a ton of pictures to share.

Okay, JB says we are ready to go.

See you all when we get back!

No comments: