Thursday, June 22, 2006

I can't think of a title

My head is a chasm of random thoughts including:
  • I have a gazillion pounds of laundry and not enough quarters to do it.
  • It makes me mad that the quarter machine in the Hilton building gives me 5 nickels for every dollar I put in!
  • I took one of those $5 headache pills at 3:00 and haven't head a headache since. Are they worth it?! Well, time will tell but today they definitely were!
  • That chocolate truffle that my co-worker Char bought for me today was amazing.
  • That chocolate truffle makes me never want to eat a cheap candy bar again.
  • That chocolate truffle is $1.75. However, when I bought one for JB with coconuts in it he admitted that it was worth every bit of $1.75.
  • My dad will be here on Sunday night or Monday. I am really excited to see him. Tara, he and I are going to go to see the Twins play on Tuesday evening.
  • My heart is heavy today with sadness for journey's through life that kind of suck. I have quite a few friends that are really hurting right now due to bad things happening (death, relationships, infertility, etc.). I can't list all of their prayer requests as most are private, but if they are reading this, they know who they are, and they know that there is a girl in Minnesota crying out to the Lord on their behalf.
  • I also have friends who are going through such beautiful times in their life including my brother and AD and their engagement. Life is quite a roller coaster and quite a journey.
  • My load of laundry is probably close to done. I have about 10 loads to do. Why am I doing one at a time?
  • My neighbor Susan, who's about 75, wants me to help organize a pot luck for the building. This isn't quite my thing but Susan is pumped about it so I think I will try to help her. She knocked on my door the other day and talked to me for quite some time.
  • What can I make for the potluck that 70 year olds like? I'm not used to cooking for that audience.
  • I am not used to cooking period.
  • I have to write a book review for RLSF. Only problem? I am still like only 3 chapters into the book that I have to write a review on. Heavens! It makes me have restless legs just thinking about tackling the rest of this book. My goal tonight is at least three chapters!
  • I think I need to do a blog educating my readers about RLS. Since I work there, it would be good if I shared. I may do that.
  • JB is out for a bike ride. When will he be home?
  • Our boy turned girl bird laid ANOTHER egg today. I guess that makes him even MORE a girl than we thought. Jeepers.
  • I'm hungry.
  • That chocolate truffle was AMAZING!

I hope you enjoyed this quick romp through my brain. You are either overly impressed or, well, chances are that is not the case, so please don't be too harsh with your comments on this blog.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good food appeals to people of all ages. Sounds like you could just serve a platter full of chocolate truffles:)
P.S. I'm curious as to the exact meaning of the term "Huisman male".

Anonymous said...

They are a unique group.
It is very difficult to describe them....
Wendi is better w/ putting it into words.
I am thankful for my Huisman male!
DLH

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Well I don't know who it is that asked this but I will try.

As my mother said, they are a unique group. A typical Huisman male fits the following characteristics (of which my brother and dad are definitely and Josh can be or not be depending on what he would like.) I, also, am really, a Huisman male (except I am a girl). My mother is married to one and berthed two.

1. Love sports.
2. Speak when the urge hits them. (If they aren't in the mood to share, don't expect them to.)
3. Devoted.
4. Not quick to notice hints.

I would say those 4 kind of sum up everything ... as best I can. You really have to meet them to know them (and love them!)

Anonymous said...

Josh says...

A typical Huisman male is something that I am NOT. However, I will go through some more characteristics of this creature (and include myself in this to make Wendi happy).

1. We have feelings, but sharing them is really not that important. For example, long conversations on the phone = overrated.

2. Our wives (or husband, in Wendy's case) love us, but sometimes they wish we could be a little more open with our emotions.
(My wife says I don't listen to her, or something like that...I don't know, I wasn't paying attention to what she was saying)

3. Very good looking

There are probably more, but I'm tired so I'm going to bed.

See ya!

Anonymous said...

very opinionated and always right is another attribute (but that could just be a male thing not just a Huisman male thing)
If you disagree w/ them they have a way of making you feel like you're not too bright. (some of the Huisman males are better at this than others!)
They also have selective hearing (but that could be just a male thing too) I still like my Huisman tho.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Josh, you absolutely crack me up. I hate to admit it but it must be done.

Okay, now that I have admitted it ... pretend I never told you that.