Sunday, June 25, 2006

record

Today I set a record.

I did NINE loads of laundry. I used all eight washers and then did another when I finished one. I didn't know I had that in me, but I did it. I once did SEVEN, but today ... NINE.

Last night, JB and I went over to Ajit's house for an Italian meal with the Jones', Tara, Philips, and Chuck, a leader in our CMDA (Christian Medical and Dental Association) Bible Study. It was a nice night of fellowship and good friends. Karuna actually turns two today. She is becoming quite the grown-up, and she and John played "rocketship" (where John has her blast off and fly around the air) until John could not play rocketship any longer.

I am excited because my Dad is getting here tomorrow. I can't wait to see him as I haven't seen him since Christmas. I talked to my cousin Sarah yesterday, and they were able to meet my future sister-in-law, and of course, as I knew they would, loved her. There was actually a Huisman picnic yesterday and all six of my grandmother's children were together (my dad and his four brothers and one sister). I wish we could have been there!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful day for the picnic. Wish you could have been there too. We finally got to meet the 2 new babies. Little dolls. Both are 3 mos. Smiling and cooing. AD seems very nice. Keith did very well :). Your dad was at my house Wed for lunch and then we went to Evan's game in Knox, IN. It was rained out after 2 inns. I will miss having him around... Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

How do 2 people accumulate 9 loads of laundry? Even if you have 2 loads of white's, 2 loads of darks, 2 loads of colors, 2 loads of bedding, that's still only 8. Did you have anything left to wear? Were your closets empty? Okay, it's true, we are a rich country. :)
Aunt L

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Linda, who are the TWO babies ... I thought there was just one? Did I miss one? :)

As for the laundry, we had 6 people stay with us so that is 6 sets of sheets so we had:

1 set of white sheets
1 set of dark sheets
1 set of reds
2 sets of towels
1 sets of whites (clothes)
1 setse of darks (clothes)
1 blanket
1 blanket

So I guess the blankets throw a kink in that. These are also small washers but it is quite pitiful. It really wasn't clothes as much as sheets and towels. :)

Anonymous said...

I have been blessed with a commercial size wash machine. I forgot how little regular washers hold. They are a pain.
Baby #1 - Jordan (Josh & Sarah's)
Baby #2 - Gabriella (Jeremy & Jackie's)
Jordan looks like a little Huisman baby.
Gabriella looks a lot like Jeremy, only as an Italian :)
Both are sweet adorable babies.