Wednesday, June 28, 2006

We have given in ....

Yesterday, while at the baseball game, JB called me, confused as to what to do.

"Wendi there is a cooking show, a travel show, and a show on crocodiles. I have no idea which to watch."

This dilemma was created because we finally gave in. We now have real TV.

Now I must explain. We have always had TV, but we have refused to pay $60 for the real cable. So instead we got the $15 package which basically consists of Spanish channels, religious channels, and home shopping channels. There was not an inbetween package. It was $15 or $60.

Then last week we got an offer in the mail -- 6 months of the BIG package for a compromise -- $30. We gave in and when I called, I found out that the deal was actually good for one year and was only $27!

We now have 75 channels including some of our long missed favorites: ESPN, Fox News, the Discovery Channel, the Learning Channel, ESPN (oops did I say that twice?) ... we are in heaven.


Well, actually, I have been so busy, I haven't gotten to watch it, but when I do, I am going to enjoy flipping channels and not having to stop fifteen clicks later.

In other news, I won a "High Five Award" at work yesterday. This is just a recognition tool to say you did a good job. They always come with a $10 gift certificate to somewhere special. Mine are always to Bakers Square because as my boss says, "They have chocolate."

So after my dad treated us to Chipotle tonite, we picked up a pie of the French Silk variety! I am eating right now. It is good. If you would like some, there is plenty, so stop by 202 to help me not eat too much of this stuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gabbi and I are on our way for some pie!!

Anonymous said...

We just did the same thing...got rid of Netflix and added additional cabel channels. Now I can watch World Cup and Wimbeldon. ESPN here I come!!! I just realized that I will be able to watch Ultimate Fighting now, too!!

Ebby Ray

cassi said...

Ok, I am jealous, but happy for you! We too have the $15 cable because I refused to pay the $60 as well. It is pretty sad though, I mean, for ex., I love my Wheel of Fortune, but do I love it enough to monopolize 2 of my 28 stations at the same time? No. And if I am too poor to have the $60 cable, do they really think I will utilize any of the 3 (one being fuzzy) home shopping channels?

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Ebby: Ultimate Fighting ... ummm, you know, I really don't know how to explain what I think about that. Just read my mind.

Cassi ... I am so with you on the home shopping channels, the Somali network, a fuzzy Spanish, oh man -- someone else who feels my pain. You should call. We must be honest here ... an extra $13 a month for 50 more stations. It is worth it. But you know, it's quite overwhelming. I don't know where to start!

Ray ... the pie is gone. Kelsey and I finished it off tonite!