Saturday, February 11, 2006

A Little Quality Time

Last night JB was supposed to be on call overnight. I was a little disappointed about this. It was Friday night and the opening ceremonies were on television. But around 8:30, he came home and surprised me. He was only home for a bit -- we went to sleep about 9:30 or 10:00 and he was paged to go back in at 1:00 in the morning. But it was nice to have him home for a bit.

When he left at 1:00 a.m., I was pretty groggy but he said that they had to do emergency surgery on a man who had had his colon perforated in a previous surgery and was developing sepsis. I told him to "make him better" and then prayed for the man as I was lying in bed.

This also made me think of our friend Kelly Ray in Kentucky. Most of you probably remember my emails two years ago this April. Scott and Kelly Ray were our friends when we went to Calvary Chapel Bowling Green. Scott is Ronnie Ray's first cousin. Kelly went in to get her tubes tied, developed sepsis, and within just a short period of time, was gone. She had six children. At the time Bethany was 13 and the youngest, Ben was just 1 year old. It was so difficult to think of those children losing their mother. We saw Scott and the kids about a year ago, and they seemed to be doing well, but when John left this morning, I couldn't get Kelly out of my mind. She was a beautiful woman who loved the Lord and her family like crazy. She was a real prayer warrior.

Actually JB just called. He is on his way home. I asked him how the guy was doing, and he said he was doing very well. He also said he is very tired but said he may stay up awhile and just take a nap later. He doesn't want to screw up his sleep for tonite.

Karuna will be here within the hour. I also have a mystery shop at a flower shop to do today. We have our big appointment on Tuesday. JB told his resident what was going on and the doctor gave him the whole day off to spend with me! It will be an interesting Valentines Day but exciting. If you think of it, pray that they tell me that an earlier "stim" date has opened up! I am ready to get this party started!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendi:

By George, I think I got it!

Aunt Linda