Thursday, February 16, 2006

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Well it is probably an understatement to say that winter has finally arrived! Actually it started snowing on Wednesday night around 9:00 p.m. and it basically snowed for about 24-hours straight. They issued a winter storm warning until midnight last night. I haven't seen how many inches we got, but there was tons of snow! I actually trudged to work at RLS. At one point, I lost the sidewalk, and since I was looking down to prevent snowflakes from sticking to my eyeballs,
following the sidewalk was my only hope. Speaking of eyeballs, wearing glasses was practically purposeless. I couldn't see out of them due to the fog that was building and it was snowing so hard, I had to duck my head. Who LIVES in places like this? Oh, yeah, we do. Ooops.

Not that I am complaining of course, but today, they are expecting temperatures as low as 18 below and with windchill, 15 to 30 below! I don't plan on going outside much if I can avoid it, and this will be one day that I drive to RLS even though it is only 3 blocks away.

Today at 9:30 a.m., JB takes his "Shelf" exam for surgery which he must pass in order to not have to repeat his surgery rotation. He has been studying a lot for this, and I know many of his classmates will also have to take different shelfs today.

As for the weekend, the temperature will most likely keep us inside most of the weekend -- lots of heat, rice bags, and hot drinks! How come no one visits us in February?

No comments: