Thursday, December 01, 2005

John doesn't want to Comment

I asked Jb if he would like to put a comment on my blog. He leaned over, reminded me that it's about "a tall girl freezing her butt off" and that that description did not fit him whatsoever. He then returned to his book on New Zealand.

Speaking of New Zealand. We are investigating the possibility of this being our "Celebrate Jb being a doctor trip" in May of 2007. As I have mentioned earlier, we would include any friends and family who can take 2 weeks off and spend the money to go with us. Why the change in direction? Well, we were thinking Europe or Alaska. But then we went and visited my Uncle Ed and Aunt Janet who brought out their own pictures from a relaxing getaway in New Zealand. This has always been a dream of Jb's and seeing the pictures solidified it. So while I type my blog entry, he is reading a book from the library on this country. We will see if this all pans out.

Since arriving back in Minnesota we have made some decisions about our future:

  1. We are not decorating our house for Christmas this year. It is already December 1st and we leave for Florida on the 17th. We just can't reason that it would be a good use of our time.
  2. We totally forgot how cold it is in Minnesota. I resorted to driving 3 blocks to RLS today. It's okay on the way there (I think it was in the 10's with windchill), but at 5:00, when I leave, it is dark, and it is cold -- bitterly cold. Tonight it is supposed to be one degree. I am going to put a picture of everything I wear to leave the house on my blog one of these days. This includes silk leggings, a shirt under my turtleneck, boots (I don't leave home without them) and then the coat, hat, gloves, scarf. I also think its funny how many of these pieces of outerwear people lose all over the place. I seem to pass a lost glove every day on the way to work.
  3. We hate to move. We have now, in our 7 year marriage moved 5 times. I think we have probably helped people move about 10 times. We also hate to help people move. I think everyone does so everyone just decides to suck it up and help each other (unless you are Ron Ray and sleep through your friends moving but we will discuss this another time). But last night we helped the Rays move across town in the cold and the snow. Moving is even worse in the cold and the snow. We actually formed teams of "people who walk in the snow" and "people who stay in the house" and "people who float in the middle" to prevent the tons of mud from outside from emerging back inside.
  4. Thursday is an important day in my life. Surivor is on on Thursdays. We go to Bible study from 6:00-7:45 and return just in time to rewind the tape and watch Survivor. If you haven't seen this show, you need to watch it, each season, from the beginning. I would love to go on this show but since I hate to have people mad at me and despise conflict, have decided this would be a bad move.
  5. We are currently furious at the show Prison Break. We watched the season finale only to face a cliff hanger (No -- they aren't out of Prison yet!) that won't be resolved to March. The good guys of course aren't bad criminals but there are some good guys who are actually very bad criminals and here we are cheering for them to get out. We are contemplating the wisdom of this.

So that's 15 minutes in my brain for you. That's really all that is currently in there.

No comments: