Friday, December 02, 2005

Hans can now rent a car!

Well yesterday morning when I left for work, and I walked outside, I honestly could not really take a breath. Breathing was painful. Mind you I was only outside for about 2 minutes while I walked from our condo to the underground, but it was absolutely horrible. Only after I got to work did I check the temperature and see that it was -1 degree (before windchill). Okay, so that's why it hurt to breathe despite my scarf and boots and tights and hat.

Okay, that's all I am going to say about the weather. My goal this winter was to think warm thoughts all the time. And to be positive. I love Rochester. I love cold. I love the weather. I love when it hurts to breathe. I love seeing my breath. I love my freezing feet.

Last night we went to our friend Hans' birthday party thrown by his awesome girlfriend Rachel. I meant to bring my camera but forgot. Rachel took pictures but she said I could get some in a few weeks?! So this obviously will be delayed blog gratification for you regular visitors. We went to TGIF's, and I was very proud of myself -- a club sandwhich with fruit! For those of you don't know, I am on Operation Bikini for our cruise on December 19th. It is so hard to exercise in the winter so I am really working hard. This morning, Tara and I went to step class. I am glad I had arranged it with her ahead of time because it is snowing like crazy and very cold so I have a feeling without knowing she was going to pick me up, I would have rolled back over. Ooops, did I just talk about the weather again? So I won't tell you that I just checked the weather and it is feels like 2 degrees.

On a side note, we just received an email that John's Uncle Victor (his mom's sister Betsy's husband) is in a hospital near the island they own on Cape Cod. Apparently his kidneys are shutting down and they also told him he has a very advanced stage of cancer and are giving him only a few days. Victor is 92 I think so this isn't completely a shock, but I am still asking you to remember John's family, particularly, his Aunt Betsy right now. Thanks!

No comments: